March 17, 2012

Pregnancy Rant

I was just reading a magazine that my doctor gave me when I first got pregnant, I got the same magazine when I was pregnant with Jack.  It's called, "As your baby grows." It shows the baby each month, and tells you what is going on in and outside of your body.....
I never read it when I was pregnant with Jack.

Well I was reading it today, and I saw that of course, like everyone else and all over the internet, it  obsesses about weight and says that women should only gain 25-35 pounds.  Whenever I see this, I get kinda sad, because I've gained at least 20 pounds....I haven't weighed myself in a month or two, because I decided I just would rather not know....but I know I still have alot more weight to gain before the baby's fully cooked!

But what really bugged me is the magazine has a headline on "month 4" that says:

 "The better you look during pregnancy,
the better you'll feel about the changes taking place in your body."

I think this is ridiculous, because, not all pregnant women look good.  and more importantly, not alot of pregnant women think they look good.....
some pregnant women don't get a cute baby bump. Some pregnant women gain weight all over.(In fact I've never heard of a pregnant women who didn't to some extent) Some pregnant women have swelling in thier hands, feet, legs, and face! Some pregnant women break out, ALOT! Some women get stretch marks and varacose viens.  Some women are put on bedrest, for the safety of thier baby!  (and swell alot more, and gain alot more weight) etc etc.......

All pregnant women gain weight!!! (well unless you are really overweight to begin with...) But of course, for most normal women, it is freaking hard to gain weight!
This day and age, everyone is obsessed about looking good! Women especially are expected to look perfect, and skinny! with big boobs!

my next point.....
All pregnant women are hormonal!!!!
I think it is wrong for this magazine to say that....I'm sure they didn't mean it like I took it, and I'm just being dramatic. But I want to look out for women everywhere! and I honestly think it's OK to gain more weight then recommended during pregnancy! It's ok to get acne, and stretchmarks, and be veiny!


The better you look during pregnancy should not determine how you feel about the changes taking place in your body!!!! 

I think even if you pregos are convinced you look like shit!!! (like most pregnant people do at some point or another!)  I think we should all be THRILLED to be lucky enough to have bodies healthy enough to be growing a baby.
Even though we look like shit!!! haha

I am so lucky that my body is doing everything it can to prepare the biggest blessing I am ever going to get in my entire life....MY BABY!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You're one of the strongest, most down to earth woman I know! YOU ROCK GIRL!! <3

    ReplyDelete