"After nourishment, shelter and companionship, stories are the thing we need most in the world."
-Philip Pullman
I can't wait to read to my daughter, as my mom read to me, and later as I read to myself....I still read to myself :) I love it and I always will!!!
I won't force my girl to read, but I think if I read to her from very early on, she will grow to enjoy it. But then again Caleb's mom told me that he LOVED to be read to when he was little, but he doesn't really enjoy it now.....
Either way, I can't wait to read to her, and share that with her for as long as she enjoys it!!
I do have the start of a baby/kid book collection, but there are so many more books that I want! Books that I enjoyed as a kid.
Here are some that I wouldn't mind having :)
I've never read this but it got 5 stars on Amazon!
And it looks like something I would love :)
There are also others:
Buddha at Bedtime (This one looks awesome!!!)
And to introduce her to Yoga:
THIS book also looks like a great Child/Yoga book :)
I'm sure there are others,
and I love the concept.
I know I will continue to do yoga and meditate
and it'd be great if my daughter practiced it with me!!!
This book is a classic, at least to me :)
I always wanted my mom to read these books to me!
There are SO many of them!
I already have a few, not sure which ones.
Mooses remind me of my mom :)
They are her favorite animal.
Plus any book with animals, will probably be a hit to me!
I love love love animals!
Folktales and Fables
Three Billy Goats Gruff -I loved this story when I was a kid!
I don't know which one I had, but there are so many versions!
So I don't know which one I want, I just want any of them! :)
More Folktales:
The Brother's Grimm fairy tales! I really want!!!
(I don't know which version or collection would be best,
but I'm sure ANY would be awesome and I'd love to have it someday!)
Mother Goose Nursury Rhymes!
Dr. Suess books HERE
Full of Rhymes and Crazy made up words!
Who doesn't like Dr. Suess?
My favorite Dr. Suess book is The Sneetches.
But there are other good ones :)
I filled this out when I was younger, and I loved it!
I would love if my daughter did too someday.
I'm sure she would love doing it as much as I did
There are actually alot of "about me" books. I would love any for my little girl!
because anything she writes draws or says at different ages, I will for sure want to keep!
These are more for older kids....but she will get older!
Roald Dahl books HERE

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Matilda
The Twits
the BFG (which I actually already have :) I love it.
and more!!!!
I love Roald Dahl, he is very creative and I would love to read these stories to my little girl someday! Or have her read them to me!
Well, that's all I can think of right now, but I know there are a million more books I would love to own!!! If I have a baby shower, I'm going to make it Book-Themed and have everyone bring me there favorite book as a child! OMG, it would be awesome to know everyone's favorites! and get so many books all at once!! :) So my dear loyal readers, you should start thinking of what your favorite book was because I WANT IT! (not to sound selfish or anything) :)
xoxoxoxoxxo
AL











My brother's kids are starting to outgrow their little-kid books, I will ask if they have any good ones they're willing to give to your baby. I think it's great you want to read to your little one! My dad read to me constantly and he taught me how to read before I hit preschool. If she's anything like her mama she will love it too!
ReplyDelete