Today is Caleb and my one year anniversary!!!! We've officially been married a whole year! :)
I decided to make a list of special things that happened our first year of marriage! It's been a tough year in some ways, but I'd love to look back and only remember the good times!
Having a new baby together - Well we got married only 5 days after having Maryjane, So it was alot of big things happening at once. It was good having each other while we raised our special little newborn. I'm grateful my husband was here for us so much. I'm grateful he really loves our daughter and wants to be a part of her life. I love watching them together, and seeing how much they love each other.
Seeing 311 together for my 4th time - We love 311. We saw them in SLC, not the best venue, but it was awesome because that's where we saw them together for the 1st time. (my first concert ever) We were in the grass, far from the stage, just like we were the first time. My first concert, I was pregnant with Jack, and this concert I was still healing from my 2nd c-section. Both times I couldn't really get in the big crowd and dance or anything, I had to take it easy...but it was so nice, I love seeing 311 with Caleb, and hearing special songs and holding each other/swaying together. I love having him with me when we are in big crowds, listening to music.(especially 311) It's awesome :)
Dressing up with day of the dead makeup together on Halloween - I always wanted Caleb and I to have costumes that match, or go together on Halloween. I didn't think it would happen, but last minute (Grace and Matt) had the idea for all of us to wear awesome day of the dead makeup. It was way fun to walk into parties together, and having everyone saying how awesome we all looked together. I'm so grateful we could have another good Halloween together, and that my mom could come down and watch the baby while we did! TY again mom!
Our first Thanksgiving as a married couple, and MJ's first Thanksgiving! - We had a really special Thanksgiving together. (in fact it was the first Thanksgiving Caleb and I ever had together!) It was nice, MJ and I spent the first part of the week with my family (and Jack, Rich, and Brig were in town!) Then on Thanksgiving morning we came home and spent the day with Caleb and Grandma Mary......it was kind of a stressful day because Chase was late and wouldn't answer his phone! And MJ was awake and cranky all day! But it was awesome we were all together as a family, we love our family SO much!
Our first Christmas as a married couple, and MJ's first Christmas! - it was really special and it was the first Christmas that we spent together as a real family. We got OUR first Christmas tree, and got some special ornaments to always remember this special time! (2 baby's first Christmas ornaments, a heart ornament with 2 deer, a piece of wood with a picture of Idaho on it from the farmer's market, a hummingbird) We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas morning in Mackay with Caleb's mom and other family. It was a very nice holiday. :)
MJ Growing up and learning new things! - It's been an awesome year of watching our first baby girl growing up. I know I talk about her all the time.....but seriously, she is amazing.. And her daddy is just smitten with her! We love our baby girl, and love watching her grow and learn new things everyday!
Going on a Trip to Boise spring break - My mom watched the baby, yet again, so that Caleb and I could take a short trip to Boise together. We hung out with Boise friends and ate some awesome gyros!!!
Going on a Trip to Boise at the very beginning of summer break - This trip was even better! The weather was PERFECT! It was the first really warm weather of the season for us, and we went and played at the river at a sweet spot where we could relax and walk in the water - but with tons of nice shade to sit in if we got too hot, we went on an awesome night hike with our friends - and sat on some huge rocks on a cliff overlooking the city! We ate some awesome gyros again- the best gyros I've had in my life, We went to the cheesecake factory for mothers day - which is a tradition from last year! and we went to one of the best concerts I've ever been too in my life PRIMUS!
Hiking to Wind Cave - A couple of days ago we went on a 10 mile hike (5 miles there, 5 miles back) to Wind Cave! We went with my dad and Flea, woke up at 5:30am to drive there, and got on the trail before anyone! It was such a perfect day, cloudy/perfect weather on the way up. The wild flowers were gorgeous! Wind Cave was so awesome, it was scary but amazing to hike up into it! It was such an adrenalin rush! Also we didn't see another hiker or the sun come out until we were out of the cave, so that was awesome! I'm very proud of Caleb for completing this hike, since he doesn't ever workout....and he didn't have his knee brace! He did amazing and had a good time :) He told me he wants to hike more!
Horse Back Riding - The day after out hike to Wind Cave, we went horse back riding with my mother in law, and her brother! (his horses) We actually just rode around his pasture, but it was really fun! I mostly rode a horse named Rowdy - named for his Rowdy/mean behavior towards all his fellow horses...and Caleb mostly rode Duke - a sweet old horse, who had arthritis and didn't want to run much. Mary rode bareback on a young horse being broke, and she did awesome!!! Caleb also rode on a cranky horse named Bud, who tried to bike him a few times, and almost threw him into a fence! Over all it was really fun being on a horse, and trotting around on Rowdy! I love horses! I'm hoping next time we go we can go out into the wilderness or something :)
Having our own place together (finally!) - It's been nice having out own place together, it is the same place we shared with my mother in law, but it's definitely different having it be ALL OURS. I love our cute little place, with our crazy kitties, and lots of crock pot dinners and movie nights :)
Watching Shows together - some series we watched together were: The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Some of Arrested Development and the Office (guess which one of us liked which one best?)
We also watched some good movies together throughout the year, even though it is sometimes hard for me to sit through a whole movie unless I go to it in theaters.....and even in theaters sometimes I have a hard time paying attention if I'm not interested enough!!!
Some Rifftrax movies we watched together were: Twilight (the first one), Lord of the Rings the fellowship of the ring, and 4 of the Harry Potter movies! We love Rifftrax, if you haven't heard of them, Check them out! They are the only way I can get Caleb to watch Harry Potter movies, and we can't wait to slowly finish all of the series, and the lord of the rings, and twilight. :) Funny stuff.
Caleb's Music - This is the first time Caleb's been in a band when I've been with him. It takes up a lot of his time, but playing music is in his blood, and it makes him super happy! I LOVE watching him play! He is so talented, and playing any instrument comes naturally to him! It is fun for me to watch him jam with his friends, and he has a bunch of friends (in Pocatello and Idaho Falls) that play lots of music too, and love to jam with him! Caleb's gotten so good at guitar, and I love watching him from the crowd! I've seen him play a bunch of shows this past year, and MJ's even gotten to watch him play a couple of shows! (or maybe only one??)
Well, overall it's been a great year. I can't wait to see what our next year together brings us!!! I love you Caleb John Rosenkrance!
Congrats Alisa and Caleb! This is such a fun post and it definitely highlights all the cool stuff you guys do together. You two have always been one of my very favorite couples and I'm so happy I get to spend time with you two and baby MJ. Al, I'm looking forward to the 13th when our men will be playing a show together! It'll be so much fun :)
ReplyDelete