We threw a birthday party for MJ on Saturday June 29th at 6 pm, because that's when the grandparents could all do it!!! MJ had lots of good naps during the day so she was well rested and happy for her party!
I'm so glad Grandma Mary could come!!! (she drove like 6 hours to be here!)
Other people who came:
-Will, Mary's boyfriend.
-Caleb, of course! What dad would miss his baby girl's first birthday party!?
-Grandma and Grandpa Lundeen (mom and dad)
-My Rohde cousins from across town: Ken (my mom's brother), Miriam and their cute kids.
-My dad's cousin who just moved close - Kacy (who is like my cousin too) and her mom Becky, and 3 of her 4 kids!
-My aunt Tracy (my dad's sister) and her dog Ruby
-Our good friends Claudi and Carson!
A few more of my "friends" told me they were coming, and most of them never told me they weren't, or sorry they didn't, or anything for that matter! I even reminded them the day of that it was at 6pm that night! People are unreliable.
Decorations were pretty cute! I made balloon flowers, an idea a found on pinterest, and put balloons and crepe paper everywhere... But everyone spent most their time outside in the shade, because our house was so hot! Outside was hot too, but a breeze came in which felt nice.....The dogs had fun running around and playing, and Caleb and my cousins Reese and Isaac had fun throwing around a football.
We had good food for everyone, pulled pork sandwhiches, chips, a big garden salad, and a big yummy fruit salad (which was a hit by everyone, the recipe I also found on pinterest)! We ordered a few dozen mini cupcakes from a local cupcake shop (beautifully placed on a cupcake tier)
I made MJ her own special cake!! (strawberry cake with fluffy white frosting that I dyed red and purple and swirled on her cake. She wasn't a huge fan of eating her cake, but she smeared frosting all over herself, so I consider it a success!
MJ got tons of awesome presents, including a good selection of books, clothes, and toys. She even got an automatic, baby-sized car from Grandma Mary. (and she's starting to figure out how to drive it herself....she'll press the button for a split second and it will move forward a teeny bit....I'm sure soon she'll be cruising all over in her car) She also got a baby-sized pool and ball pit balls, music toys (including two xylophones), a baby doll stroller, and more! After the party she had fun walking around/ and playing with a balloon.
Overall it was a fun party, MJ had a blast getting tons of attention from everyone! I am grateful to everyone who came and showed her some love.... I love my family, and friends who are as close as family!
No comments:
Post a Comment