July 13, 2013

conscious eating

Well I started tracking calories, something I've NEVER done!  I use myfitnesspal.com. It's not perfect, but it's free and easy!  I use it because I want a visual perspective on what I'm putting into my body.

I know I have a lot of changes to make in my eating habits.  I read a lot (not A LOT, but I like to be informed) about what is in what foods, what's good for me and what's not.   I want to eat healthier, and slowly but surely I am!!!


Something that is helping my sweets craving at night (when I crave sweets the most) is banana with peanut butter! It's a good alternative for a dessert, and for some reason it curbs my cravings. (I have gone 13 days with no bad sweets!!!)


I also try to make sure I eat fruits and veggies everyday.

A couple of times a week I have a smoothie with frozen fruit, and whatever other fruit I have & feel like, protein mix,  ground flax seeds, Kale and/or Spinach.   I like trying different mixes, sometimes with Greek yogurt, honey, almond milk, or peanut butter.  Just whatever I feel like!


Evenings are my munchies time, so if I don't watch myself I'll munch out too much! which is why I like the calorie tracker! I usually think about what I'll have for lunch/dinner before I eat, and then I put it in the calorie tracker and I'll know how many calories I have left, if I can munch out more or if that's good for the day!

Can you believe how many calories is in cheese, ranch and butter???? OMG I didn't think about it too hard before, I knew they were bad for me, but seriously, I don't want to be wasting my calories on those foods everyday!

Also when I work out I can track it on myfitnesspal.com and they'll give me more calories! 

It's been successful so far, and every day I've eaten/drank under my calorie limit!!! (except today, when I had a big McDonald's cheeseburger (without the bun) and I plan on eating my dad's dutch oven potatoes (with lots of cheese) and drinking a few tonight! :D  But one day a week of over eating is better then doing it every day!

If you want to join me on my mission of healthier eating, add me on myfitnesspal.com and we can help support each other!!!  My username is ALRosenk

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment