April 6, 2012

Pranayama Love

My new favorite word!!!  Pranayama is formed by two Sanskrit words: "Prāna" meaning life force, or vital energy, particularly, the breath...... and "ayāma", to extend or draw out.  (or in other translations, to control.....I like both translations, and have no clue which one is right!)

The intention of this practice is to breathe in a more concious way. It is used during yoga and meditation. 
My favorite thing right now is practicing pranayama!!!

"regulate breath, and the body and mind will follow."
Being pregnant, and even just living life, can be so freaking stressful!  I have so much I could worry about!!! Everyone has stuff they could worry about, But it's really not worth it :)
Being pregnant is also very hard on my body. AH I could go on and on about it.....Everyone has aches, pains and injuries throughout life.
 Through pranayama practice, I have improved my mind and body! I am WAY less stressful and anxious, I have been sleeping great (for the most part), and my body isn't as achy as painy....I can deal with any pain I do have,  And on top of that I have been letting go of the past, that I hadn't really gotten over. I have been changing my attitude about alot of things I had a bad attitude about! I have been growing as a person :)

In other words, meditating creates a healthy body and mind! :) It's the easiest workout ever! anyone can learn how to breathe correctly!!!!


"The science of breath, begins with awareness and ends with awareness."
I am getting better and better with being aware of my breath when I meditate. I can go for longer lengths of time, and go into a deeper meditation then I used to be able to! Practice really does make perfect :)
I have been surprised with how much more I have been aware in everyday life!  The good thing about this, is it gives me a chance to see if I have a "bad" reaction to something. When I am aware of my limited thinking and feelings, I can change myself (slowly but surely) and become a better person! 
I'm definatly not perfect, but I am trying to be better :) I try to watch out for any expectations I have, or feelings of being let down, or judgements.... The list goes on. I have ALOT of faults!
But,
I feel so much inspiration right now to become a better person.  And I have no doubt that if I keep up this practice, I will continue to make myself a better person, so I can be a good mama! and maybe someday help alot of other people! Because I truely want the people I love to be happy!

I found the quotes here

No comments:

Post a Comment