October 14, 2012

workout advice for busy days

Sometimes I am so busy with school&studying, projects, reading, researching, and writing and being a mom,  I just don't have time to go out and workout. And sometimes I don't feel like taking an hour out of my day to watch a workout or go to the gym. 

I like to do little workouts throughout these days.  I will take a few minutes here and there to stretch, or do mini-cardio or weight workouts to get my heartrate up, then I get back to work.  I recommend it to anyone who's trying to stay active, but has a busy life!   Plus is helps with lower back pain, and other pains from sitting at a desk, or in a car all day! (and if you are working on your feet all day, I'm sure there are other mini stretches and exercises that would work better for you!)

Some of my favorite mini workouts today are:




Breath of fire   here is a how to, that I never saw until now, but it has the benefits and basic how to.

wide legged foreward bend

jumping jacks!

tuck jumps!

lunges

toe raises!

Knee lifts, & kicks.  (I like to do these slowly and focus on my core and breathing alot!)

Variations of Plank poses! Just google it if you don't know what I'm talking about!   I've learned alot of plank variations, but even classic plank feels so good!   Hold it for a few minutes!

wall sit

bridge pose variation (or hip raises)

run up and down the stairs

hip stretches!

cat/cow lower back stretch



The options are endless!!! Focus on whatever area of body feels like it needs it the most! Today I didn't do much arm exercises but tomorrow I probably will :)

Well have a good day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment