October 25, 2012

Running Plan

Well, right after my last post, my "fear" of running, my dad sent me an email, inviting me, my brother and sister in law to run with him in a Thanksgiving 5k. 

Just like we did last year in Seattle (me with Maryjane in my belly!)

I went running today at the school gym, in my new shoes! My calfs really started hurting after a mile, so I walked another two!  & now my feet are very sore!  And so the training begins............

Here is my Running Plan (I don't have a better name for it, yet!) :


1. Eat a big Salad everyday! Salad, to me, includes all raw veggies, a bit of cheese, boiled eggs, and anything else that sounds healthy and good in a salad! (I don't like salad dressing very much, so this is even healthier for me :)

2. Eat fruit everyday! I've been eating an apple almost everyday for awhile now. But now I want to incorporate more fruits, including bananas, canned fruit, and smothies (with frozen& fresh fruit in it)

3. Enjoy my sweets. I want to sloooow down and savor every bite when I eat my sweets. so that just a little bit of sweets will be more satisfying.  I also need to watch my sweet portion control over the holidays!

The first 3 goals are about nutrition, which will hopefully help me feel healthier, thus running faster/farther.

4. RUN RUN RUN. I'm not going to worry about how far right now! But I'm more focused on going 3-4 times a week, switching off between my new and old running shoes to get more used to my barefoot running shoes found here, in yellow..... I wear socks with them and they feel like a good fit!

Well that's it. Pretty simple, but I hope having it written down will help motivate me to stay persistant and RUN!
Wish me luck!!

2 comments: