We shouldn't let fear hold us back.
I keep telling myself that tomorrow I'll start. I waited until I was healed enough, then I put off starting again. I decided to wait until I was done with my book. I finished my book and still haven't started.
I told myself it was the weather. I had a cold. I started my period. I had homework.
There is always an excuse not to start something!!!! Starting is the first step towards reaching your goal.
The past few years, I have been drawn towards running/jogging. I've felt a runners high, and I loved it. I ran two 5ks and I loved them. I saw myself improve, just a little bit, and I know I could improve more.
But something is holding me back, from even trying.
Is it my fear of what all the real athletes will think at the gym. My fear of falling down. My fear of being left behind.....?
I got myself new running shoes, barefoot running shoes, that I know I'll have to take it easy in at first. I know I'll have to take it easy at first anyway.... But I REALLY want to be a runner. Even if I'm not a very fast runner. I want to beat my own times, improve, and be proud of myself. I want to run a 10k, a half marathon, maybe even more......I want to feel that runners high again!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well maybe writing this will help me start! not today....but soon! I promise.
No comments:
Post a Comment