October 24, 2012

I love celebrating Fall and Halloween

It's been feeling so much like Fall this month. It is so much colder here in poky,
definatly jacket/sweater season, and almost coat season!

One of MJ's cute sweaters someone sweet gave us :)
 
 


  I love the fall trees, I saw an especially pretty one yesterday that was still green in some places, and red and orange, all in one tree! 
I love finding leaves that are in middle of changing colors!
 
Monday night Caleb and I started our Halloween celebrating by watching
 "the Cabin in the woods".
It was definatly scary, and had a twist most scary movies don't have.
 
 
Yesterday, my little family and I decided to celebrate Fall and Halloween by going to a corn maze, something I haven't done for years
.... We ended up not going because it started snowing!!! (first snow of this winter, as far as I know...) Probably a sign we shouldn't bring our little baby outside to walk around for a couple hours
....We decided to snuggle up inside instead!
 
MJ got a good morning nap in her crib (something that doesn't always happen)
 We decided to put her pants under her onesie, something I did the other day, so I guess that's her new style now :) I like it with her 'M&M' onesie because you can see the M better :) & I love 'M's!!!!!!
Grandma got her those new minnie mouse socks. They are size 6-12 month, and a little too big around, but with her pants tucked into them they didn't even start to come off :)
We love bundling up our baby in the cold!
 

 
Caleb and I got our first pumpkin spice latte of the year, we picked out pumpkins,  a pumpkin spice latte candle for Mary,
and MJ's first Halloween present, a stuffed halloween monkey!
(pictures later)
 
Our good friend Shelp came over, and
Mary made us the best homemade chicken noudle soup! 
and cornbread, mmm! 
 
Mary and I shared a bottle of Cupcake Wine!
I got the boys a box of seasonal beers!
 
 
 
Over much debating, we decided to watch Children of the Corn.
(I kept calling it Children of the Candy Corn.  Or Children of the Corn on the Cob...hehe)
We all hadn't seen it, except Mary.
And I really wanted to, since the Children of the Corn were in a haunted house I go to every year. A scary movie themed haunted house in Idaho Falls put on by the DARE officers, called DR. Slaughters House of Terror!
It was a good, old movie, and scared us all.
Caleb missed the end because MJ was ready for bed!
 
Then Caleb, MJ and I watched Halloween episodes of Southpark and carved pumpkins!
 



 
 
 I probably won't get to go to a haunted house/area this year.
It is one of my favorite things to do, I love scaring myself once a year!
But it's ok....
 
 
MJ and I are going to do some more celebrating today with another scary movie, some tea, and leftover chicken noodle!
 
Happy Fall/Halloween!
<3 AL

No comments:

Post a Comment