There was a book fair at MJ's daycare last week! I couldn't help myself in buying a couple books on Tuesday! I brought them home and Caleb said he wanted to pick one Thursday. (and I couldn't help myself in buying an awesome one that I overlooked!)
Me.....Jane
The name got me, I love the name Jane and I'm sure my little Maryjane will too :) This is about Jane Goodall, and how when she was young, she loved to look at and draw plants, and climb trees, and hangout with her stuffed monkey. She dreamed of going to Africa and living with the animals there, and helping them. When she was older that is just what she did! I love the illustrations in this book, and I love the story. I hope MJ will know that she can do anything and should follow her dreams!
Who's Hiding?
This is about a mama owl looking for her baby owl. It's a 'lift the flap book' book, and most the pages the mama owl finds other baby owls hiding in different places. At the end all the mamas find their babies! It's simple and cute. (what kid doesn't like 'lift the flap' books at some point or another?) I like the end where the mom's hug and kiss their babies!
zooborns! ABC
This is a classic ABC book, where every letter has a picture of a baby zoo animal and says something interesting about them. At the end of the book it talks about all the animals and if they are endangered or not, and other interesting stuff about them. :) I know MJ will love animals, so she'll probably love this book!
Say Hello to Zorro!
This is the book Caleb picked out, I love it! It's about a dog who loves his life and routine, and then his routine gets ruined by his people bringing home another dog! The dogs hate each other at first, but soon figure out they are both on the same routine and it's much funner together! This book reminds me of my dogs, Flea and Sensi, Flea HATED Sensi at first, but now they love each other! :)
My baby/children book collection is getting pretty big :)!
So cute! I just ordered "Say Hello to Zorro" and the "ABC" zoo babies book for Jack. I think he'll love those ones b/c he loves animals, but mostly DOGS! I might have to get the flip owl book too. Jack loves interactive books. Thanks for the good ideas! Ah, I can't wait to see you guys soon!
ReplyDelete