June 10, 2012

baby shower!

I had my baby shower yesterday, at exactly 36 weeks!
I know, I am HUGE! :)
and proud of it!!!!!!



My mom and future mother in law threw me my shower! and they did awesome! Great food, games, and decorations!!!  This is a picture of, first the gift table, before it got filled up with all the gifts. Everyone chose the cutest babyshower bags for thier gifts! ha, now I have a buttload of babyshower bags :) 



We got a bunch of mini cupcakes from The Cocoa Bean.  YUM so good!  We got four different flavors. Red Velvet (not pictured below...because they were all eaten!) Which had yellow cream cheese frosting with yellow pearls.  Better then whatever, which is a Chocolate cupcake with caramel and heathbar on top..with purple powder. (top left) Banana cupcake with peanut butter frosting, chocolate chips, and a dried banana on top! (top right) These were Caleb and my favorite! YUM!  The bottom cupcake was a vanilla cupcake, and had the cutest flower on it! I loved the way they were decorated and went together! Purple and Yellow!


This is a picture of me decorating the game table...with the cupcake tower in the middle!
My mom got a variety of games for the shower. Two, 'guess how many candies are in this" type games. (And I guessed the exactly right number....for the wrong one! dangit, I've never won those games! ha) There was a baby wordsearch and word scramble. There were advice cards. (which I got pretty good advice from.) There was belly Tape where people cut off however big they thought my belly was! There was also a game to guess what day and time (morning or night) the baby will be born! Whoever wins will recieve a prize in the mail! :) The earliest guessed June 11!!!!! AH tomorrow! That would be crazy! I guessed June 25th! Caleb guessed July 2nd, my dad's birthday.....the date I would get a c-section if I could....If I wanted to have an elective c-section! He kinda cheated on that one, because he knows I'm thinking about it....



My friend Tiana did my makeup, and cut and styled my hair before the shower, and I GOT BANGS! I've been kinda toying with the idea for awhile, but last night, I was just like I'M GOING TO DO IT! So I did it! and I love them! (so far) I don't regret my decision!  I haven't changed my hair in forever, I've just been growing growing growing it out....so I'm excited! Plus, Caleb kept telling me all day how beautiful I am! hehehe

A bunch of friends and family came :)  and some had a pretty far drive!! I am so lucky so many people love me!  I love these girls!!!!!!  Nakeli, I've barely met once, but she gave me so much of her girl's old baby clothes, and they are so cute! I definatly won't need anymore clothes for awhile!!  Candice made the baby some teeny bracelets (for pictures and showing off...not for choking baby!) and some tie dye teeny onesies! SO CUTE!  Tiana, in the middle is a sweetheart and has been so giving.  Claudi on the far right, she gave me hempz lotion and lip balm! mmm :D and she got MJ some of the cutest headbands, and fuzzy little soft socks and shoes!

Whitney, who is due 8 days after me, came to my shower! She is so cute......we were the first ones digging in the food, and we both got so hot during the shower, Caleb fanned us off with a sign for awhile.....I know I'm making a dorky face in this picture, but I still think it's a cute picture :) We were drinking sherbet punch trying to cool off!
Whitney also got MJ a sweet fairy poem book!



Caleb even came :) We kinda made him.....but I think he had fun:) He loves his baby girl! and He loves me! :)




I got tons of presents :) It was so exciting to see all the cute itty bitty baby stuff that I'll soon put on Maryjane! Or wrap her up in (I got alot of blankets)  I'll post some pictures soon of some of my favorite presents!!!! (right now I am at my parents house, and all the presents are at home....) I can't wait to look through them again :)

Well I didn't get pictures of everyone :( But I posted the ones I have! I really appreciate everyone who came and gave so much to me, and thier love and support mean the world to me!!!


Brigette and Jack came at the end of the shower! Better late then never though! I haven't seen Jack since christmas, so it was awesome to see him again!!!! He looks so much more grown up. He looks like a good looking boy now, not a baby!!  His hair is longer and his face is more grown up, and his eyes are blue and beautiful!  Honestly, he looks alot like his dad, and when I first saw him I was like, OMG he looks like his dad.....but it's not a bad thing, I won't let it upset me or anything :)  I just love that little boy to bits! and always will!!!!!!  Caleb was glad he saw him and spent some time with him, because he probably won't be seeing him the rest of their short trip....and Caleb sure does love Jack too! He told him, "you're having a baby cousin soon!" :)   
My mom fed him some fruit and the texture of the mango made him shudder, but he liked the taste, so he'd stick out his tongue to lick it...but not pick it up or put it in his mouth because of the texture! He loved blueberries!




 He also loved going up and down the stairs by himself (picture above...), and would laugh at himself and get excited about it! Will stood at the bottom of the stairs for a long time to make he didn't fall. I can tell Will and Mary are SO excited about MJ and them being around Jack obviously made them more excited!!!! (can't you see the excitment and love on his face??) 
WILL (Mary's Boyfriend) did alot for us for the shower. We had it at his house, and he helped set up, helped clean up, and helped with everything in between! I really hope those two stay together, because I really like Will! (he's the one that took us shooting a month ago..)

Jack also does this new thing when you say goodbye to him. He slowly puts his hand over his mouth, then blows a kiss! It is so adorable! I wish I got a video of it because OMG melts my heart!!!! I can't wait to spend more time with that boy monday and tuesday!!!! I will take alot of pictures and write down all the cute things he does! :) 


Yes, I'm a "Mom to-be"! YAY!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Alisa. I am so glad we could make it. Your shower was so beautiful - and so are you. I love the new hair-do... it totally works on you. Of course, I've seen you pull off a lot of hair-dos. Lucky girl! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete