We played disk golf twice at this big beautiful park with 20 holes!!! (the course they always play at here only has 9 holes) The park had lots of canals and man-made water areas, so it offers a bigger challenge to serious diskers, like my boyfriend.
We went to two nature reserves. The first one was one I've never been to! It was bigger then the other, and had a few small areas off trail that we explored. (of course, because we are explorers...) There was TONS of geese and ducks here, and we even found a deer!
The second nature reserve is always a favorite, we go there everytime! It is small, but beautiful! It is full of amazing flowers! It has the most beautiful scenery spots with little waterfuls and pond areas. We also saw a deer here and he was just chillin on the ground chewing his bud! He didn't mind us at all :)
We took a long night walk by the river, which was overflowing so much that alot of the paths were covered in water, and even a whole walking bridge was covered! It was awesome though, the river looked really violent and fast! We went back and walked by the river the next day and the water had gone down some. Enough to walk through some of the under-bridge paths that were still kind of covered in water, but not enough to get your feet really wet.
There are SO many geese in Boise!!! And we found an area with SO many geese babies! They were so cute, some of them would practice thier hissing on us, and do it over and over again, others weren't scared at all and stretched thier legs out behind them to relax. And how they ran after thier parents was so cute! We saw a group jump into the water, and even got a video of it! I'll have to upload it sometime, you'll love it!
There were alot of ducks in Boise too! Most of them were in pairs, a boy and a girl! Must be mating season!! We also stumbled upon a mama duck and her babies! They were all really scared and huddled in a group, but damn they were cute!!
We also walked at this hiking place called camelback. I guess on one side is a park area and the other side is trails, we went on the trails side, and next time I'm in Boise I'll check out the park area! There was a big hill called camelback, but we didn't walk up that, because you know....I'm huge!There were lots of Bikers and Runners on these trails, and it made me really want to bike and run!!! There was also an area were you can legally take your dogs off thier leashes by the water, and play fetch with them in the water! (at least, that's what I imagined doing)
I guess there is a new dog park in Boise which I'm sure is pretty sweet, so if I ever move there or bring my dogs, I'll have to check it out!!!!
Well, not only did we walk alot, but we saw quite a few friends on our trip!
Our good friend Nicole was there visiting from Seattle! She bought me a nice mothers day lunch. (and bought Andy and Caleb food too) at Old Chicago. I got spaghetti and meatballs and it was delicious!!!
Our other good friends Candice and Caitlin were there. (they live there, but they are both moving!) They are so funny, and fun to be around! They made us a yummy breakfast with banana pancakes (with delicious banana syrup), bisquits and gravy, bacon, and hashbrowns! mmm delicious!
Candice is such a sweetheart, she came and walked with me when the boys were playing disk, and she picked me some beautiful yellow flowers on mothers day! She also gave me some beautiful Carnelian earings she made (She is a very talented jewelery maker!) I am really excited about my earings!
I looked on the web about Carnelian properties, and this is what I found:
-Helps fight negativity and depression
-Enabling us to look at the brighter side of life (a feeling of optimism)
-calms you down when your blood is boiling
-The chakras it is related to are the root and sacral chakras. The root chakra is important in grounding us, which gives us energy. The sacral chakra is important in creativity and sense of self and that's where MJ is growing right now!
-Courage and confidence (say like...in a job interview, or for public speaking)
-help with courage during death and rebirth (I'm thinking metaphorically, like big changes)
-And more!!!
Anyways, all these things will help me right now. And I know wearing a stone isn't going to magically change and transform me, but hey it might at least make me aware of what I want to focus on (like being more positive, calming down, having more energy, etc...) because when I focus on what I want then it will happen! :) And all these properties are really important to me, and were I am right now!
The person we hung out with the most is Caleb's bestfriend Andy! He let us stay at his house, which is awesome because we're both really comfortable there! Him and Caleb are just so funny together. They can talk forever, about the most random stuff. And they act like little boys sometimes :) They get all excited and cute about stuff. On one of our walks they started playing leapfrog for awhile, and finding the hugest rocks to throw in the river. They are always having fun and playing. I love how happy Caleb is when he's with Andy!
Well, we also ate at this really good mexican food restaurant. I forgot what it was called!!! My "Idaho nachos" were so good! I also got some homeade icecream from a candy shop. YUM! (I know I know, I decided I could eat icecream for mother's day, but I'm back on my no-icecream diet!) I also got Red Velvet Cheesecake from the cheesecake factory! YUM!!!!! Everytime I visit boise I'm going to try a new flavor. ha Andy and Caleb got Lemon Raspberry Cheesecake (EW, I know...ha) Mine was better.....anyways They shared and it was cute. Me and Andy posing with our cheesecake:
We also went and saw Caleb's friend Jordan and his wife, and 4 month old baby girl! (who looked HUGE to me by the way...It will be crazy when MJ's 4 months old and that big!!!) They also had cute baby chickens (we didn't take pictures of them....) and a hairless kitty!!!! It didn't like me much, but Caleb is so good with animals, he got it to lay on his chest for awhile, just lovin being pet :)
Anyways, I think that's all. It was overall a good trip. I missed my home and bed at night, but the days were awesome! We stayed busy, saw lots of baby animals, ate good food, and got a really good workout!
Caleb really wants to move to Boise in a year or two, and I am starting to think that might be a good idea :) I love the forest and park areas. And the campus looks awesome. Caleb loves the music scene. Most the random people we ran into were really kind....and as long as Andy's still there....which who knows if he will be...then I think we'd be pretty happy there!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment