Since I use this blog to basically document FOR MYSELF this pregnancy, that's what I'm going to do. I know I write alot of details sometimes, but I don't want to forget this journey!
ANYWAYS...to the important stuff!
Our Ultrasound was on VALENTINES DAY! It was the perfect day because Valentines day, a few years earlier,is the first day I ever texted Caleb, this weird boy who I got a number from at a random party. Also, Caleb worked Valentines day night, so this was going to be our special time together to celebrate our love!
I was very emotional in the morning. I was worried something was wrong with the baby, or even worse, that there was no baby! We hadn't had an Ultrasound before this, so I was scared! I was so scared that I made myself sick. I starting shaking uncontrolably and got super cold! Nothing could warm me up or stop the shaking.
We met the grandmas at the Hospital! (I'm so grateful they got to come enjoy this special time with us!) Soon they started....
Oh and you know how they say to chug tons of water and don't pee before you come so your bladder is full? Well I did chug a little, mostly I just drank how much I normally do. But I DIDN'T hold it! With Jack, I did the whole chugging and holding thing, and by the time they were ready for me I was in so much pain, I was crying and it was not a fun experience. I didn't enjoy it at all. So....since I drink tons of water anyway my bladder was full enough, in fact it was too full and they made me empty out a few cupfulls of pee to get acurate measurments on some stuff....jeez I wish Jack's ultrasound tech let me empty out some!!!
Anyways, I was still shaking and they started, and sure enough, I saw a body in there. But I didn't see a heartbeat. With Jack's ultrasound that's the thing I remember most is the fast humingbird hearts in the little babies. I was also scared because in my creative writing class the day before, we were forced to read a story about a woman who had a stillbirth at 6 months pregnant. She knew something was wrong, had an ultrasound and sure enough, the baby didn't have a heartbeat......SO not a good thing for a pregnant woman to read! especially right before her first ultrasound!
Well the ultrasound Tech moved the thingy a little and I saw it! The heart, beating away :) I could finally breath. That's when I started getting warm, and stopped shaking. My baby was in there, and it was alive! :)
I REALLY liked this ultrasound tech, she showed us around the baby, pointing out what everything was! My favorite part was when baby started kicking and moving it's arms around. They were mostly by her head, but she kept moving them and stretching her spine! :) Her legs looked so long and beautiful! and her face was perfect! :)
When we found out it is a she, I think one of the grandmas cried a little bit :)
I always knew it was a she....but I'll write more on that later:)
Caleb is so happy also, He loves his little girl so much!
Here are some of my favorite pictures of her!
Showing us her muscles. I think she's saying, "look mom, I'm strong, stop worrying about me so much."
or maybe she's saying, "Dad, I know you wanted a boy, but I'm as tough as a boy and i will do boy things with you!"
Also I love her little foot :)
After stretching out her legs and spine, she curled up like this. Her hand is by her face...maybe she's sucking her thumb? ha. My mom says I sucked on my fingers in the womb, and knew right where to put them when I came out. So maybe our little girl is a thumb sucker!
This is my favorite! I love her beautiful face! Especially her big lips she got from her daddy :) And I can just imagine Caleb's long dark eyelashes on those pretty eyes! and Look at her nose :) and her little belly. She's so pretty!
Well if you couldn't tell...I love this girl so much already! And I know Caleb feels the same. He tells me everyday how happy he is!
<3AL



No comments:
Post a Comment