July 27, 2011

sinsemilla

Happy Birthday to my baby girl!!! although, she's not a baby anymore, she turns TWO! tomorrow!
I am so proud of the progress my girl has made!
here's some examples:
 
She used to be so scared of people, too scared to even walk down the street with me. 
Now she's such a good walker! She still looks at every person she sees,
but she doesn't freak out like she used to! 
When we let her outside to go the bathroom, she used to run to our neighbor's yard, to play, explore,
 and poop. (she wouldn't poop in our yard for the longest time)
Now she stays in our yard! for the most part. She poops in only our yard!
She tore up my parent's couch cushions. slippers, shoes, and anything with stuffing.
She hasn't chewed up anything important for a long time! I think she's out of the crazy destroyer stage.

Sensi's story:
My old roommate's dogs had puppies. 8 or 9 in all! Sensi's dad, Casper was a Argentine dogo!  I never heard of them until I met him. But I know her dad's genes are really strong in her!!! Sensi's mom was a pitbull, boxer mix.  Sensi looks ALOT like her dad, and acts alot like him too. But I think her scaredness of people was from her mom.
The puppies were sooo small, the size of a rat! Their faces looked like rats too. They were all pure white except for two girls! One had a brown spot on her eye, and one had three black spots down her spine, starting with the top of her head. She stole my heart. I first named sensi 'Ruby Soho' after a Rancid song. I knew I wasn't going to buy her.  I already had FLEA, and couldn't really afford another dog, and I didn't have any time for a puppy!  Plus "Ted" was selling the puppies for 200 a pup! (that didn't last, I think he sold ONE for 200, a few for 50, and he gave a few away to family)
The months past....I worked alot and went to school, but I spent some time with little soho as much as I could. I'd bring her out when I was resting before bed, and to play outside, or I'd go be with her in the puppy room. Once the pups were ready to be sold, they were....well most of them. 3 remained. My little Ruby Soho was one of them!
I had a few dreams that she was mine. In one dream I was potty training her.
One day I noticed the puppies were acting weird. They weren't being thier crazy selfs. They slept alot. Then I noticed the diariah and blood! I worried alot. I didn't know what to do. I didn't have money to take them to the vet.....I thought they had parvo! Ted didn't give any of the puppies puppy shots! The puppies were so weak.  I did all I could for them, without taking them to the vet... But I thought I was just making them as comfortable as they could be while they died. It was so sad.....eventually I couldn't take it anymore, I decided I needed to ask my parents for money to at least take Ruby Soho to the vet. I was ready to take her the next day....but the next day the puppies looked alot better. I don't know what happened. I'm thinking they ate something? Maybe adult dog food, that hurt thier poor little puppy stomachs. I don't know. All I knew was I was even more attached to that spotted pup.
The three remaining pups were getting pretty big. They were now 4 months, and not little cute rolly polly puppies anymore. More spots were showing up on thier faces and ears...and some even on thier legs and body. They were loud, and messy, and crazy hyper!  Ted said he was moving out, and he was going to take the puppies to the pound.......unless I wanted Soho for 20 dollars....Ted really needed money at the time, and he knew I had a soft spot in my heart for that little girl...
It took me a few days to decide, but ultimately I couldn't let her go to the pound. I was worried they'd euthanize her for being a pit bull/boxer!
I renamed MY new dog, Sinsemilla, SENSI for short.  I gave her her shots, got her spaid, tried to train her...but obviously that took a few years to work!
Over a year ago, I moved in with my parents again and brought home my new, 8 month old pup. They let me keep her, but I could tell they didn't want her around...they didn't really like sensi, I wouldn't either if she was terrified of me, pooped in my neighbors yard, and chewed up my couch.  But over the months, she's really grown up, and grown on them. especially my mom, she's always telling me the cute/funny things sensi does. They love her now :) and I love her more then ever! she's a bright light in my blah of a life.

Well here's some pictures of her whole life:
(they aren't in order...but I'll try the best I can....also I'll caption some.. before the picture)

The day she was born
 4 weeks old




her cute little sweater
She had HUGE floppy ears at one point...while all her brothers and sisters had littler ugly ones. I was so confused why people kept picking the other pups instead of her!!!
Her being scared of the neighbors who just came outside, and she's at the door freaked out. ha


all cuddly and cute. I cuddled with her alot! and slept with her on my bed :)
hiiii. i love her smile :)
 scars on her nose from Flea
goofy smile

cuddling when she was a baby.
She sleeps in weird positions, and snores almost every night.
Sensi's second sweater:
I took sensi to obedience classes when she was a little over a year old....she was so scared...but cute
look at the tail in between her legs.
sensi's classic look: the head cock
We took her camping, and she stayed up all night walking around, waking me up, and shaking, from either coldness or fear, so I eventually let her up on the "bed" with me....she slept fine after that.
Halloween 2010. Sensi Bee

Sensi less then a year old with flea...
 Sensi a year old, with Flea


I don't know how she can lay with her legs like that
 10 month old bath
 5 month old bath....she was so sick from getting puppy shots :(
first time hiking with her backpack made her so tired!
some puppy got into our backyard and we let sensi play with him. she LOVES other dogs.
Sensi LOVES flea. I don't think I mentioned it, but she's OBSESSED with him.
I don't know what she'd do without him.
Warn out from playing fetch...her tongues hanging on the carpet

basically, if you haven't noticed already.....I love this dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment