February 5, 2013

Yoga week 2

Sorry I posted this a few days late! this is from last week....and it's pretty boring. but posting my workouts keeps me motivated !!! ha.

Sunday - I was tired and sore, and rested, plus I had lots of homework to get done!

Monday -  Pilates was very hard today, we worked on legs :)   Before yoga, the break I usually eat at, I wasn't very hungry so I decided to walk on the tredmil at the gym instead, I walked a little over 2 miles, uphill!   Yoga was hard but good.  I also did some yoga on my own that night, mostly to stretch out my sore legs!


I also found out that the school provides 4 sessions of FREE personal training per semester.  And the lady that does it is a certified yoga instructor, so I made an appointment for next week! :) I'm going to find some hard(ish) poses I want to work on and have her help me!

Tuesday - went to the gym after class and did 40 min on the eliptical....wasn't too hard but I wanted to get home.


Wednesday - did 4 and a half miles on the bike before pilates, in Pilates we did a meditation practice, in yoga we did an easy practice/meditation too.  I got out of Biology Lab early and wasn't sore or tired or anything, I actually had energy to burn so went to the gym for an hour and did 10 more miles on the bike! At home I did some yoga poses on my own, but not alot.


Thursday - I was very sore and tired so I didn't do anything, plus I wanted to prepare for TOMORROW!


Friday -
 Sun Salutation Friday #2!!!! I wanted to wake up early and do all my SS's before school.  But my husband was way tired and cranky, so I watched the baby until class. 
When I got home, I finally found time to do them, so I did 11, then a few hours later I did 12.   I wasn't that into them today, and it was as hard, if not harder then last week :(
I didn't do as many warriors, because I didn't want to, they didn't feel as good as last week, but I did feel a release in one of my hips!!!
I focused on my breathing and core throughout the practice, but it wasn't as meditative as last week. ( I guess that has to do with my state of mind this week......)
I didn't feel the effects of my practice throughout my body and mind as well as I did last week :( 
But I'm still glad I did it!!!!!
I just keep telling myself that it will help me, and I should keep doing it even on hard weeks!!!! 
This is the first goal I've had in a long time that I'm going to follow through with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saturday -  I was very sore, especially in the shoulders, and hamstrings.
I did lots of forward folds and squats to stretch my hamstrings and shoulder stretches and heart openers to stretch my shoulders....  My core feels stronger, but not very sore! and my lower back feels stronger and not as sore, yay!  My lower/mid back used to start hurting if I did alot of yoga. (it probably will again, but not today.)

I decided I need more yoga, so I made my husband watch her for half an hour or so, so I could do Yogatoday's free class with Neesha!!!! I only did half of it.... But it was freaking awesome and I LOVE Neesha from yogatoday!  She talked alot about hugging your muscle's to the bone! so that is what I'm going to focus on next (this) week!!!
I try to hug all my muscles to the bone, especially in my legs and arms, and pull up in my lower belly, and legs, and ground down at the same time.....and soften all my skin at the same time!   I love yoga! it's hard to incorporate every thing you learn, but I'm trying! ha

No comments:

Post a Comment