February 11, 2013

Maryjane - 7 month update

OH NO, I realized I haven't posted this yet, I thought I did but nope!!!!! Well here ya go!
MJ turned 7 months on February 2

January went by SOOOOO FAST!!!! 

Lately I've been starting to feel like my infant is not an infant anymore, but a soon to be toddler!!!



clothes/size
MJ is fitting best into 12 month clothes.  I still squeeze her into some smaller clothes, but soon she'll be too big. 
I realized I didn't have many clothes bigger then 12 month,  so I bought her a few things. (thank you DI and sales at walmart!) 
I can't stop thinking about what a cute toddler she will be, walking around in all her big girl clothes (and let me tell you I got her some damn cute things!!!)

We took the baby to the Doctor for her 6 month appointment on the 24th....yup we were pretty late on that one!   Our baby girl weighed 18.5 pounds (72nd percentile), she was 28 inches long (still >97th percentile)  and her head is still in the 50th percentile!  She got lots of shots, including her first flu shot!   She won't go back to the doctor until april, and she won't get any new shots in april! YAY!
She is a trooper dealing with shots though, (her first shots were the very worst)  Our big girl cries for a little bit, but is soothed fast by me and her daddy!   Then she usually passes out in her carseat, and is a bit cranky that night.  MJ got a stuffy nose during the night after her shots, and couldn't breathe!  We had to use the nose spray to clear her nostrils (she HATES that!)


learning/moving
MJ is learning so fast, and she is such an active little girl!!!!   She worked on her crawling and sitting skills alot this month! 
Also she learned how to pull herself up to her feet!  She now pulls herself up on anything and everything she can! (her crib, dresser, recliner chair, the sides of her playpen, my yoga blocks, a box of wipes, any kind of box, my suitcase, and a pile of clothes!)  
She has bonked her haid SOOO many times!   sometimes she smashes it waaaaay hard! :( But she usually doesn't cry much about it, unless she's tired! She's a tough girl! She got her first little bruise on her forehead sometime this month....It was so sweet, I kissed it alot the 2 days it was there...
But she doesn't always fall, in fact, it's becoming rarer and rarer. She has been working on sitting herself back down after climbing up! And I let her, it's an important skill to learn! She used to stand up on something and get stuck, and cry for me to get her.  But I tell her she's ok, and she is! 
She started with practicing sitting down in her crib....one day she did it over and over again, and practiced her climbing up/sitting down skills! I was so proud of her for being so brave!  Here is a video of her doing it: (of course she only did it once in the video, and then she grabs her binkie and toys to soothe herself....she was very tired)

She now sits down off of anything with ease.  She is a pro, and climbs up and down many things throughout her day (mostly her crib and playpen)


MJ is learning so fast, we gave her a toy with a little ball at the first of the month, and at first she couldn't pick up the ball, I think it was just a weird shape for her hand, it made her a little frustrated, but the next day I saw her holding the ball and passing it from hand to hand!!!


Eating/pooping
Here are the foods MJ tried this month (I might have forgot some.....): Carrots, peas, yogurt, strawberries, bananas, pears, and peaches.  She liked pretty much everything, except peas, but she'll try to eat them :)

We also tried a sippy cup with some juice in it, and she likes to sip at the juice, but she doesn't get how to hold up the cup by herself. she'll hold it and suck on the top, but doesn't understand that she needs to tip the cup to get the juice! ha

We are now trying to feed her solids twise a day,  veggies in the morning and fruits (or something sweet) at night! This is so the days she goes to daycare, they have to feed her veggies, and I get to feed her something she really likes :)   This is also because at night she's more cranky, but the fruits will make her happy :)

She loves to eat and has gotten alot better at it, and less messy :)  I can tell she really likes something, because she'll make mmmm moaning sounds between bites.  I love it, but
Even if she doesn't like something much, she will try to choke it down.


now for the poop.....(you can skip this section if you want, ha :)
MJ poops alot more now!!! And she had ALOT of blowouts this month! The doctor told us that it's normal because of her new, solid food diet! 
 We tried different diapers and it keeps happening!  SO we moved her up to 4s even though she's not in the weight limit, and it seems to be working so far, no blowouts in the 24 hours of wearing 4s! haha.
Sometimes she poops so much and sometimes there's barely any! But for the most part she's been pooping alot more per day!!!
I hope all this calms down in the next month!!!!



Sleep!
Most nights MJ hasn't been sleeping through the night anymore.....I don't know why, she slept through the night for two months straight and now she won't!!! It is pretty hard because now I go to school every morning monday through friday, so I am definatly lacking on sleep again!!!! But this too shall pass!

She's been napping pretty good, but usually won't settle down fast in her crib, like she used to. I have been rocking her to sleep for naps alot, because she'll get so anxious in her crib and climb the bars then fall and hit her head, and it's just sad, so I rock her to sleep.



Other Random Sweet Stuff!
MJ now has a little tooth!!! She has been teething hardcore this month, and not only does she have her first itty bitty tooth, I can feel a few others under the gums that feel so close to cutting! Poor baby! (She now has both her bottom teeth, but I think the other one popped up after the 2nd....)

MJ gave us a few real kisses this month! Well, she didn't pucker her lips but she leaned in to both her dad and me, and let us kiss her partially opened mouth. When she did it to me, she leaned in and I kissed her, then she leaned out, then leaned in again. and did that quite a few times :) I was so happy, but when I tried to get her to kiss me again, she turned her head everytime :( I want more of those kisses baby!

MJ loves baths now, even though she falls and hits her face on the water quite a few times... She loves crawling around, and is still learning that she CAN'T stand up on the sides of the crib, because mama won't let her!

When we went bowling last week we met another baby girl born on July 2 2012!!! We asked if she could crawl, and she couldn't....I was going to ask more developmental questions, but I felt bad.  I didn't ask because I didn't want them to think I was showing off my developmentally advanced baby. But she was alot bigger then her birthday buddy!!!!

We have been switching baby to bigger binkies, slowly but surely. She used to hate them, but sometime this month I offered one to her and she grabbed it and looked at the back, It had a little picture of a cow on it, and she studied it then she decided it was ok, and used it. It was very cute. After that she doesn't mind the bigger binkies for the most part, and she's been using them more and more. We only have one newborn binkie left, so when we lose that she'll just have to deal with having ONLY bigger ones. (We've only been using the newborn one in middle of the night, when she's the most sensitive about what one she has).  I think the transition was easier because we didn't force it all at once!




Happy Baby
MJ has a funny sense of humor! 
One day I put my hair in a bun on top of my head and hit her with it, SO funny. 
She also loves when I kiss her belly still! that's probably the one thing I KNOW will make her happy (and at least smile) But usually it makes her laugh hard!
She also loves to climb up on her crib or sides of her playpen and catch my eye and laugh, she is so proud of herself for being so strong!
sometimes she just laughs at me (or her dad) for no reason, and when we laugh back it makes her laugh harder. haha I think I might have put this on her last update, but she still does it, and it's so cute!!!!
MJ also loves to play by herself. She loves all her toys and is very happy most the time! And loves making happy noises still!
She has a very cute and happy high pitched noise, she does it mostly when I pick her up.  it is a cute noise.....she also has a very annoying happy high pitched screaming!  She doesn't do this too often, but fairly often. ha


Daycare
MJ loves going to daycare, she gets way excited now for it!
One day I took MJ to daycare on a Wednesday, when she is the first one there and last one to leave.....the caregiver said something about how she hopes MJ won't attack the other babies again today....I was like, "say what? she attacks the other babies" and she's like, yeah, she grabs there faces and tries to climb on them......SO I went there on my break, instead of eating, and they had 10 babies and only two caregivers.  MJ was alot more active then most the babies.  There were 2 older boys with full sets of teeth sitting on their butts, while MJ crawled circles around them going from toy to toy, then climbing on the bookcase.  She didn't "attack" the other babies when I was there. But I doubt she knows what she's doing. She is such an active, determined girl with a huge heart.  She will learn, and they'll just have to keep a better eye on her!
It's funny because the onesie I put her in the day I found out she was the daycare bully, said...."I'm not chubby, it's all muscle"  ha :)

Talking
MJ said MOM a few times this month, only while whiney/sad.......But Caleb says she knows who I am because when I'm not with them, he'll be like...you miss your mama don't you....and the way she looks at him after, he can tell she knows.......ha But I'm not so sure.
MJ went through an "ow" phase. she'd say "ow" over and ever, I never got a video of it :(. But it was SO CUTE! She'd say it the cutest way, and obviously doesn't know what it means....
MJ loves going "PPPFFF" it's super cute because she does it when happy and it sounds like the beginning of a laugh, and she laughs after she does it sometimes, especially when we do it back.


Well, I still don't have pictures uploaded, but I take a buttload of them!!! The site I was using to upload them stopped working for me, so I'm not sure what I'll do yet.  If you want to see some (but not nearly ALL) pictures, add me on facebook!!!! http://www.facebook.com/alisafnlundeen   I'll try to get pictures and videos up soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment