Well, I want to teach yoga someday, and first I want to get better at yoga.
I've only been doing it for about a year and a half. It seems crazy to me, because sometimes it seems like I've been doing it so much longer, there hasn't been a day that's gone by that I haven't thought about yoga and done a yoga pose (foreward bend has probably been the biggest pose I've done, and I've definatly noticed a difference in my hamstrings, and hips)
This week has been a good yoga week for me!!!!!
Last Friday, I got way too drunk, and I don't ever want that to happen again! It really RARELY happens. I usually drink enough water, and ground myself enough that I feel fine the next day! :) I'm a champ.... ask my friends!
Saturday, I wanted to feel better, and the best thing to help me feel better is YOGA! And luckily for me my mom was there! (I am so happy everyday I get to see my mom, but this time was one of the best!) She was so kind and brought me some yummy food!!! and was so happy to see MJ and I, it just lifted my spirits! And she also babysat for me while I did yoga!!!! I took it easy, and can't even remember what I did.......it's been a week, I should be able to.....but all I remember is it helped me feel a million times better so I could get some homework done that night!!!!
Sunday Caleb took MJ to watch football, he does this every Sunday! since I got most of my homework the night before I did a heart opening class from yogatoday, with Neesha!!!
Monday my mom was here and babysat the baby for me, while I did a free class from yogatoday, a twisting class with Adi. After this class I felt so great. My heart was so open from Sunday's class, and I felt like the twisting class really opened my chakras, cleaned out my digestive system! I felt like I was getting clean, and that
for some reason I got the dates mixed up, and I thought it was a full moon!
Tuesday Mary took the baby, I felt exhausted because of the previous days of yoga, so I did a restorative yoga class with Neesha, that I got for free a year or so ago... this felt sooooooooooo great, And I am so grateful Mary got to spend some time with MJ before she went to Arizona for 3 months!
Wednesday I had Pilates and Yoga at school! I love how my schedule is laid out this semester. I have school every day. Mondays and Wednesdays are my long days but also my favorites. (Every other day I only have one morning class!) Mondays and Wednesdays are my favorite because they are my workout days. I have an early class, after class I am already in the gym and have a little break so I do some cardio before pilates, I will increase my length and intensity as the semester goes on...hopefully! Pilates is intense!!!! Such a core workout! Especially for my poor,still healing belly!!! After pilates I have math, (and i usually am really focused in math but hungry, so I eat an apple!) After math I chow down on some morefood, not ideal for before yoga, but I'll try to eat light! Then I have intermediate yoga with Jesse, the yoga teacher I had last semester (and I love her)!!! This helps me deal with my 3 hour biology lab on Wednesdays!
Thursday I did some cardio at school, but no yoga. I stretched some at night. (like always)
Friday I decided to start this YOGA GOAL! What this whole blog post is about, Friday is the day I decided to set this goal, and I started today!!! Ok lets cut to the chase, On Wednesday, my yoga teacher Jesse, She told me that every year on her birthday she does that many sun salutations, one for each year she's been alive!!! The next couple days I've been thinking about that, and I decided to try to do 23 sunsalutations today!
I ended up only doing 17 (on each leg) and let me tell you, it was hard for me!!
I did 9 in the morning, before class. I didn't have a proper rest at the end of these 9 (or 18 if you count each leg...) And during class I couldn't focus on the lecture, I was too focused on my breath and felt my body rooting down. My heart was so open and my energy was intense...... So if I do it before class again I need to make sure I rest on my back for at least 5-10 minutes after my practice!!!
After school I did 8 more, it took me a few times to warm up again, and by the end I was just sore and tired. I know I could have done more, but I got distracted by my family (it happens when you have a almost 7 month in the house) and after the distraction I realized how sore and tired I was!!!
It was very important for me to take it slow and focus on my form and breathing throughout the entire process. I don't actually know the different sun salutations and their exact steps, so I just do what I THINK it is by memory :) Next week on my SS Friday I will probably look up a form and do that!
My goal is to do 23 SS fridays!!!(one for each year I've been alive!) From now until June 28th! The Friday before MJ's 1st birthday!!!! (I know, this goal was meant to be :)
Each friday, until MJ's birthday, I am going to do 23 Sun Salutations! (or as many as I can that day) I'm going to try different forms of sun salutations! I am going to post every week, hopefully??? And tell you my thoughts and feelings and progress and all that!!
Predictions:
I predict that this will make me alot more strong and open (especially if I incorporate warriors into the SS's, which I did this Friday! ah I love ALL the warriors!)
I predict that this will help me in my pilates and yoga classes during the week!
I predict that I will have more energy throughout my days.
I predict I will be happier and more cheerful!
I predict I won't have as much anxiety being around groups of people for long periods of time!
I AM SOOO GRATEFUL TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED ME OUT THIS WEEK, It felt so great, and I am so lucky to have a great family and husband who is here for me when I need a break.
I already miss Mary so much!!! I hope Arizona will treat her good and she will have a fantastic time! (she was very very sad to leave MJ, it's her first time really away from her) I am sending her love vibes everyday, and am going to try to take tons of pictures and videos of the little lady!
No comments:
Post a Comment