Well, I decided I need to UP my workout routines & study/practice of yoga next week! (I call these my "yoga weeks" after all......) No matter what other workouts I do during the day, I want to practice yoga 6 days a week!!!!
During these two weeks I haven't felt my best, and I was probably lazier then I needed to be, But I am a strong believer that if your body is telling you that you need to rest then DO IT! or don't do it...ha
YOGA:
We did foot yoga in my yoga class one day, and I decided I need to do that alot more!!! foot yoga helps with balancing, rooting, and strengthening all poses literally from the ground up.
(if you are interested in doing foot yoga, google it or look on youtube!)
Check out This Awesome Article on the importance of foot yoga. :)
Sun Salutation Friday Week 4!!!! I finished all 23 at once, before school! I took my time as always, and less then half way I starting feeling weak and tired, (especially through the hamstrings/calfs/hips. I thought I wouldn't make it.... but I had an idea to focus most of my energy and attention on grounding down through my legs and feet and pulling up through my ankles, and shins in, thighs out, tailbone down, etc....but mostly I focused on grounding through my feet and keeping the muscle energy in my legs throughout the sunsalutations (mostly in each plank and downdog) Doing this, I quickly started feeling way stronger!!!!
I started noticing this last week (and before) But I want it to get better, My hips and lower back are a little unbalanced, it's normal and I know everyone is unbalanced in some ways, but the most important thing is to be aware......sometimes my hips feel way open and balanced, but not lately. I think it started in pregnancy, but it's just something I constantly am reminded of.....
I didn't do as many lunges/warriors as I should have today, but I'm going to try to do them ALOT MORE!
Sun Salutation Friday Week 5!!!!
Wow it's been 5 weeks since I started doing my SS Fridays!!!! This week I ended up doing my SS Friday on Saturday, because Friday I was too busy! It went well and I definatly feel stronger then I did week 1. But yet, it's dificult enough that I still get hot and sweaty (and sore). I didn't feel like I had good balance, so I did tree pose in middle of some sun salutations, and I had good balance in tree pose, so IDK. during my lunges and warriors I tried to focus on the strength in my feet and legs alot, my hips didn't feel as tight as last week, but still unbalanced.
Goals for the next couple weeks:
UP my yoga study/practice.
lots of foot yoga!
More grounding/rooting & hip openers
Do all the yoga routines in my mind & body book
Read/study my new book The Athletes Guide to Yoga,
One day focus on heart openers
One day try inversions again
one day do kundalini
Meditate everynight (sometimes follow a meditation, sometimes just do my own)
Focus on my breath throughout the day (especially when stressed/sad/tired)
Yogatoday's free video every week! (even if I can't get through it all)
Run 3 times per week! (I'm going to start running again. At first I'm going to take it slow and do lots of interval training - Run/Walk.......I don't know why It's taking me so long to start back up, but I'm hoping the hardest part is starting, and I'll get more motivated!)
No comments:
Post a Comment