February 11, 2013

yoga week 3

Sunday - sore from friday and saturday's yoga so I rested, and watched the superbowl!!!
 I did have a good conversation about yoga with one of my husband's friends, and whoever else was listening,  basically I told him to do more yoga because it makes you feel awesome the more you get into it!!! :)

Monday - my pilates class got canceled :( So I snuck into a yoga class next door.  It was a new teacher I've never been to, she seemed way chill and pregnant. I liked her but the class was more beginner and mellow then I wanted!!! But she did an awesome beginning arm exercise where you lay on your back and put your arms straght up and put a block in between your palms and press together, and that helped me focus on my goal of muscle energy and focusing on my center!!!! And I know I need more muscle energy in my arms and legs in all my poses!!!  Then I had my intermediate yoga class, and it was more about leg muscle energy so I had a pretty good yoga day. When I got home I felt really open and I practiced some head stands, which I've never really done before! (except when I was young in gymnastics!) It felt awesome.


Tuesday - I can't remember what I did, but I probably went to the gym after class for a little bit, and did the bike or something....

Wednesday - Before Pilates I walked for about half an hour. Pilates was hard, but way good! We used these squishy balls, and they are awesome, I'm going to buy one someday!  Yoga was ok, not the best, I didn't get too into it, but I noticed that my balance is SO much better then it was when I was pregnant, and that makes me happy.

Thursday - I walked around campus for awhile after class, and then went to the gym and did half an hour on the bike

Friday - My 3rd Sun Salutation Friday went very well! I didn't have much problem finishing 23! and I could have done more....I was kind of rushing towards the end because I was hungry and wanted to hangout with my friend Claudi, but other then that it was pretty good!  My arms were sore after but not as sore as they have been.

Saturday and Sunday I didn't really do much except I started doing 6 yoga poses before I get outa bed, thanks to Claudi for sharing that with me! It helps me feel a little more awake in the morning and my body doesn't feel as tight. I will find the article she got the poses from and share it later!!!


Well, this is a new week, and I'm going to work harder!  I am going to do more at home exercises that I can do with the baby around (and I don't have a hard biology test to study for this week, so maybe I'll have more time to exersize!)  And I'm going to start running again! I'm going to take it WAY slow, but slowly but surely I'm going to incorporate running into my yoga week routine.

I was a little bummed when I weighed myself this weekend and I am still 9 pounds away from what I was before I got pregnant....I was in pretty dang good shape before I got pregnant, and I kind of feel like during pregnancy my hips spread, so maybe I'll never be the same, but I know I can do better if I work harder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment