June 2, 2013

Maryjane - 11 month update

WOW another month flew by!  My daughter is so incredibly cute!  I loved this month and all the good times we had, and I'm excited for her first birthday in a month!!!


I finished school at the beginning of the month, so MJ stopped going to daycare, and we had some good family fun !  And she got to spend a few weekends with Grandma Suzanne and Grandpa Allen! (Thankfully my mom has the summer off too so I have a consistent babysitter!) ha

She also spent the day and night with Grandma Mary last night!!! (and didn't go to bed until 2am, silly baby!) I think they had fun together though, MJ sure loves her Grandmas!

And now we're at my parent's house, house and dog sitting for a couple weeks! She loves it here because she gets to roam a lot more then at home, and she loves looking out the window and back sliding glass door.  She likes the dogs (but not as much as her cats) Especially Sensi, who makes her giggle every time she gives her a little kiss, and I caught MJ hugging her the other day! :) So sweet!  She also loves getting into cupboards and pulling out whatever she can until I make her stop (I don't want her to drop a big can on those little feet!)

Here are some more things MJ was up to this month....


Being sick :(
MJ got her first ear infections at the beginning of the month, right after finals. She was at Grandma/Grandpa Lundeen's house and had a very bad night of having a bad fever and not being able to sleep, so my mom took her to the doctor in the morning and she had Bronchitis and slight ear infections. After getting antibiotics in her system she felt much better!  She only weighed 21 pounds even at the Doctor which is weird because a month ago she weighed 21.4! So I've been trying to fatten her up...



Being cute :)
MJ loves giving hugs, She randomly hugs people! Especially people she loves.....and she doesn't give kisses anymore!!! that didn't last long.....but she usually likes getting kisses :) (but will turn her head) 

MJ still LOVES walks and being outside.  We take her to the park a lot and let her crawl around in the grass :) She loves to swing on the baby swings and even went on a slide (with mom) for the first time this month!! She loves being outside! and loves being in her stroller. She gets way excited when I put on her Jacket, or sees that I'm putting her in her stroller.

MJ loves clapping, and claps a lot!!! When I say, "good girl" or "yay!" or when she hears people clapping on TV (dancing with the stars). Or just when she's happy! Which is a lot !

MJ waves a lot more. Not always on command, but she's doing it more and more, when we say Hi or Bye and wave to her. SO CUTE! She also waves to her cats or when she sees other babies.

MJ has been way more interested in the mirror connected to her playpen. She looks at herself and talks and moves around and makes noises. it's so cute!

MJ also loves her shadow. There's a lamp on one side of her room and her crib is on the other side, so there is a distinct shadow of her, and she loves to look at it and bounce and go side to side.

MJ has been doing this cute thing where she is standing, holding onto the side of her crib and arches her back and leans her head back and then makes a grunting/whining noise. haha, she thinks it's funny, and will pull her head back up and make sure I'm watching and I can see the amusement in her face, then she'll lean back again and do it again. haha

MJ loves to play by herself and with friends!  She gets excited when she sees other babies and kids, I think she probably misses daycare.  This month she got a play date at our house with my friend's 2 year old Ryder, and they were really good together. Ryder was sweet to her and let MJ play with any toy he was playing with, because she wanted whatever toy he had. Then I turned on Eebee and they both got excited.  They had so much fun together in MJ's playpen, it was so quiet for awhile, and Kassie and I were like, HMM what are they doing? and we went and checked on them and they were both just sitting their quietly playing.

You know how you go "aaahh...." and can use your hand in front of your mouth to make your voice go up and down....in an indian fashion....I don't know what that's called, but MJ loves when Caleb and I do it, and she tries to do it herself, and it's the cutest thing I've ever seen, because she doesn't get it, but she tries so hard. She put one hand over her mouth and go "aahh..." and the other hand she'd move as if clapping, ha, and then she clasped her hands and used her fist on her mouth to make the sound, then she'd hear herself and her smile would get really big and it wouldn't work anymore because her huge smile was bigger then her little fists... I wish we video taped this...but oh well.

MJ says "hi" or "hey"....at least that's what it sounds like! She does this a lot, because I say Hi to her a lot, in the morning or after a nap, or just anytime! And she says it back a lot...I love it!



MUSIC
MJ still LOVES music, and now dances by rocking side to side! she used to only head bang, and now she mostly likes to rock side to side, except when she's in her car seat, then she'll head bang like a champ!

MJ also loves her daddies guitars, and knows how to move the strings to make music, her daddy is proud because every time she crawls to his guitar, she just wants to pluck the strings and make music. And she loves watching her dad play!

We took MJ to another show this month, our friend's awesome band, Tall Tales of Truth played on the ISU quad! So we took her, and it wasn't that loud since it was outside, so she didn't wear her headphones for the first time at a show!  (she maybe should have because it still was pretty dang loud, but oh well!)  She had fun and was very good for the show just sitting in her stroller. She loves music and being outside so it was a good experience for all of us.


 OTHER
Other then that MJ's been doing great at sleeping and eating and loves her independence. She puts herself to bed, takes naps well, and is wanting to feed herself more. She plays with herself very good, and is still a big noise maker, Loves to make noise when happy or sad!
She has a little binkie obsession, but that's probably my fault for letting her have them so much! oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment