May 31, 2013

May workouts!

I'm hoping writing down my workouts everyday will help keep me motivated.........It's probably boring but here ya go. ha


May 1 - 4 miles on the elliptical/stair stepper, 5 miles on the bike, 20 min walking on treadmill, Pilates class and yoga class (restorative work)

May 2 - Ran 1.75 miles (11 min miles) with my Nike sports band, and walked around disk golf course

May 3 - Ran 2 miles (10 min miles) with my Nike sports band,  23 Sun salutations, and walked around downtown at the art show

May 4 - I was tired and sore, but I ran .5 and walked .5 while pushing the stroller! (hard! hopefully I'll get more used to that someday.)

May 5 - Ran 2.3 miles (9 min miles) with my Nike Sports band, I was proud of my run today because I jogged 1.7 miles without stopping, then I walked a little bit and running the second time was a lot harder but I kept going!  I also did some planks, squats, and kettle bell workouts, and did 30 min of restorative yoga before bed!

May 6 - This is the first day in May that I didn't run! :( I could make excuses, but it doesn't really matter. I did do foot yoga (and massaged my sore feet and calves!), other leg/foot/hip stretches, some kettle bell workouts, Pilates core workouts, Jumping Jacks, High knees, Kicks, etc....I can't remember everything I did, I just did whatever I felt like! And I also went on a 50 min (slow and easy) walk with MJ in the evening!  ****my hips and legs are tight and sore so I'm going to do way more restorative stretches! :)

May 7- May 13 - I didn't do much this whole week.  MJ was sick (and I had finals to cram for, with a sick baby, it was just impossible!) Then I got sick, a bad head cold that didn't make me want to do anything! Then I went to Boise for a few days and I brought my running shoes just in case, but didn't end up using them! But we did walk around a whole bunch and went on a night hike! And I danced/jumped around a lot at the concert :)

May 14 - Back home and with no school I have no excuse! :)  I did a bunch of random home workouts, Pilates workouts, Some yoga, kettle bell, planks, squats, jumps, etc......In the evening I went on a 30 min walk, I was going to run, but I just didn't feel it, and my walk would have been longer but MJ wasn't feelin it towards the end...poor sick baby.

May 15- Race day is in a month, so I wanted to do 3 miles, but I had the MJ in the stroller, which was so hard to begin with, plus she was not feeling it, she was sick and whiney.  But we made it about a mile! 
I also did some leg lifts and ab exercises, and hip openers, and started deep cleaning my house which is a workout I would say! :)

May 16- woke up REALLY sore, probably from May 14 because they say you get the most sore 2 days after your workout.  I did 10 sun salutations (I missed last Friday for the first time because I was in Boise, so I wanted to make it up but only got to 10) and I took them reeeeally slow, took brakes and made it more of a stretch/relaxation. I also meditated in between, and after and did random stretches, whatever felt good!  
It was a really big meditation/relaxation/stretch day because I felt like I needed it physically and emotionally. 
I also worked out my triceps, one of the only muscles on my body that doesn't hurt! (yet)
I also tried out some inversions, ha didn't go so well but I'm getting there!


May 17- My lower abs are sore today (and I HATE that .... I want my abs to be strong, but it's just scary when they are so sore...I hate that feeling, because of my C-sections.)  But I still did as much as I could comfortably. some kundalini yoga spine stretches when I woke up, 23 slow and easy sun salutations, a LOT of squats, It was rainy all day but we went on a 40 min walk, not run :(

May 18 - I did a lot of yoga and meditation this morning again :) It feels so nice and I am happy. I took it easy today, without really meaning to. I went outside and played at the park with my little family and walked around. And that's about it. It was great :)

May 19 -  It was so cold and rainy, so I didn't run outside or even walk.....but I did a cardio/insanity type home workout, and some body weights, kettle bell, squats, lunges etc... And did a lot of arm workouts again :)

May 20 -  It's Yoga Foundations Monday, so I massaged my feet and did foot yoga and stretched my legs and hips a lot because they are sore! and stretched my arms/shoulders.  I did mostly yoga and stretching but I Also went on a 40 min walk/slooow jog.  And I had a long meditation.

May 21 - 100 Jumping Jacks, 100 high knees (each side), 100  Burpees (OW, I could only do 10 at a time and did most of the pushups with my knees down), & 100 jump ropes......I might have done more too, and I didn't do these all in a row but in bursts throughout the day. I was trying to get lots of cardio without running in case I didn't go running this evening. I stretched my legs and hips quite a bit so hopefully I won't be TOO sore,
But I also ended up going on a 30 min walk/jog
and I also did a lot of heart opening, shoulder/chest yoga stretches because today was Heart Opening Tuesday.
Gave myself a massage, felt great, especially on my arms

May 22 - Hip opening Wednesday - did a lot of hip opening poses but not too deep, just wasn't feeling it and didn't want to hurt myself.
stretched my legs/ankles and feet a lot and stretched my shoulders/arms/hands a little.
Some pilates abs workouts because my abs felt like they wanted to be worked :)
60 squats, 60 lunges each let (killed me and I'll definitely feel it!!!)
was too windy and cold outside but MJ really NEEDED a walk so we walked around my house for about 20 minutes, just around and around the table and down the hall then back, it was kinda fun!
meditation and breathing exercises (my nose and sinuses are finally all clear after being sick yay!)
Used the roller on my body, and massaged my sore muscles again.

May 23 - Even though I was sore today, I wasn't THAT sore, and I want to work hard, because I posted my progress pics online, and I want to make WAAAY more progress!!! (that is the biggest reason I posted those pics, because I want to be motivated to step up my game and work harder everyday! so here I go....!)
I went on a little walk outside at ross park, while Caleb played disk golf. (the park is hilly and I love walking up hills!!!) Then it got ALOT windier and stormier so MJ and I didn't go on another walk/run later.....
I ran in place and did jumping jacks in between different weights workouts, to keep my heart rate up:
80 squats (some of those were kettle swings)
lots of Pilates abs - the hundred,  bicycle, and scissor ab exercises, ab pulses and reverse abs. I want my core sore again :)
arm exercises: arm circles, pushups, tricep workouts.

May 24 - 23 sun salutations.....and honestly I don't remember what else, because I didn't write it down! But I think I did some Pilates abs and squats!

May 25 - I didn't "workout" but I was at a Music show all day outside, and wore heels for 5 hours!!! (I never wear heals)  I also walked a lot and danced a little :)

May 26 - I was REALLY sore today, especially my calves from those heels! And my lower back. I rested mostly, but did some relaxing stretches and meditated.

May 27 - I was still sore, and today we celebrated Caleb's birthday (that's tomorrow!) He wanted to disk golf, and we walked around the parks for about 4 hours (me pushing the stroller) Then we mini golfed!

May 28 - I don't feel too sore today, But still kind of exhausted. Glad it's rainy/windy so I have an excuse to stay inside. Did a big home body weight workout, and some kettlebell exercises too :) here are some of the things I did (but not all):
kettle bell arm exercises-biceps, triceps, and shoulders (I made sure to stretch my arms out and do shoulder/neck rolls after)
50 or so squats, lunges, and some pilates leg lifts (I made sure to stretch my legs and hips.)
Pilates abs
Sitting meditation and some rejuvenation yoga 

May 29 & 30 - I honestly don't remember what I did these two days, I'm sure I did SOMETHING, but I didn't write it down right away :/

May 31 - I made myself have a hard workout day today, because I have been slacking and I don't want to lose all the progress I've gained!!!
I did Lots of home cardio things- jumping jacks, high knees, mountain climbers, etc....
23 sun salutations
arm weight exercises!
Pilates abs!
tons of squats and lunges!
walk/jog with MJ


Next month my goal is to do a lot more yoga and running and work harder in general. I'm proud of my progress but I need to do better, and I can.

1 comment:

  1. Great job Alisa. I think you're going to do great at your race next month!

    ReplyDelete