May 2, 2013

Maryjane - 10 month update

Only 2 more monthly updates after this one!!! (I'm only doing monthly updates for the first year! But I will still try to update you on what's going on!) 
It's crazy that in two months my baby girl will be a whole year old! I'm sure it'll come up too fast! I'm already planning a little friend birthday party and we'll probably have a family dinner/party for my dad and her since they share a birthday :) It will be fun!!!

Well here is what MJ was up to this month:




Learning/growing:
At the first of the month I caught MJ practicing standing up and down on her own alot (with nothing to grab onto)  She did it in middle of her crib over and over...I think she was just practicing. She always has loved to practice moving and learning, she loves working on her balance, and practicing new skills!
We took MJ to the Doctor on April 4th, so almost a month ago! She weighed 20 pounds 4 ounces (71st percentile?), She was 29 inches tall (she went down to the 91st % in height, she's not an amazon baby anymore, just a fairly tall baby!)  The doctor was impressed by her alertness, how she babbles, expresses herself so well with her eyes, moves around, and how well she was growing.  He said we are doing great and in the months to come she's going to start understanding more and more, faster and faster!
Later in the month MJ started taking steps on her own. She's been cruising (walking while holding onto stuff) for awhile, but now she's starting to walk on her own. She's funny because when we try to get her to walk to us she doesn't want to, but on her own she likes to walk! She's taken at least 7 steps on her own before falling!!! She's getting so close to being a walker!
MJ's two front top teeth grew in at the same time! They are now officially out, and she has 4 teeth in all now! Her new toothy smile is pretty stinking cute.



Eating:
MJ LOVES to eat! Her favorites are pieces of fresh banana, puffs (all different flavors), crackers, baby yogurt, and flavored applesauce.  She also loves all baby foods, veggies and fruit, but doesn't like the 'chicken and rice' or 'turkey and rice' as much as anything else! Or maybe it's me....I hate the nasty smell, ha but either way I stopped buying those, but if I had them she'd eat them, because she's a great eater, and loves to eat! 
I do let MJ eat some finger foods, but she seems to choke a lot on big pieces of crackers and chunkier baby foods, I hope she'll get better fast because it scares me!
MJ never liked sippy cups, she never would drink out of the top, but I got her a cute frog water bottle with a straw, and she soon learned how to drink out of the straw. Her Grandma Mary also got her a bunny cup with a straw for Easter!
One food MJ didn't like and refused to eat after a few bites, was lasagna ( yes they make a baby version) It has little round noodles, and made her gag, but I kept trying and soon she refused to even take a bite even though I know she was hungry!!!! Which has like NEVER happened!!! Maybe she'll like it in a couple months when she's better at chewing!


Daycare:
Well MJ had a pretty good month at daycare.  I think they are liking her more.....The past couple of weeks, the mean lady has even said hi to MJ and I all nicely when we first get there, Which she NEVER did before. I guess she's someone who can't hide her emotions if she hates someone......
They gave me a bunch of papers that they filled out since she's been going there, about her development.  It looks like they fill it out once a month and put the date by the things she does.  Some examples of the recent things she does are: Puts objects into a container, Takes objects out of a container, Stands momentarily without support.........Some things they haven't seen her do, but that I have seen her do are:  Walk 2 or 3 steps without support and bangs two cubes together.  The only thing on the list that Neither them or I have seen her do is Imitate scribbling....But I haven't colored with her at all! I should!
There are comments for each month, and I thought they were interesting:
9/11: "Very Calm baby"
10/12: "Found her voice and is a loud crier, a little fussy at times. Mostly Calm and loves attention."
11/8: "Very vocal. Loves adult attention. Likes playing and floor time. Fussy from Possible teething."
12/11: "Loves playing on the floor. Likes tummy time, Loves being held. Fussy from teething."
1/23: "Cries every time she slips, falls, or doesn't get her way."
2/13: "Very emotional all day. She cries about everything from falling, slipping, told no, She is not self regulating herself to cope"
3/11: "She is still not self regulating with events that happen...."
4/8: "She is starting to self regulate and not cry over everything. She is starting to play with other children"
What happened to that Calm baby????  Did I do something wrong along the way???
Well I'm very glad she is doing better.  Now she'll have a whole summer to forget her good behavior and we'll start over next semester!!! (hopefully at a new daycare, recommended by a friend with a very crazy/hyper 2 year old! sounds perfect for crazy MJ!)



Music:
MJ loves music, and whenever she hears it she stops whatever she's doing and listens. 
She loves watching dancing with the stars, well only the actual dance part! :)
She loves watching live music, this month we took her to a great Jazz show at a coffee shop. We made her wear her headphones to block out some of the sound, but she sat up front with her daddy and danced! (until she got tired, then mama swayed with her)
MJ loves to make noise, and this past month alot of her sounds sound like she's trying to sing. She'll move her voice up and down, and if we sing back she does it more and more! I love it :)
She loves when mom or dad sing or hum :)
Some of her favorite songs are the eebee theme song, the ABC song, twinkle twinkle little star, and the Barney "I love you" song, which is our special song :)




(other) Loves:
She loves all her stuffed animals, especially her monkey, and she loves when I make monkey noises (oo, oo, ah, ah) and play with her! Usually she goes "ah ah" back, it's so stinking cute!
She loves when I make any animal noises!
playing peek a boo, especially when our "boo/rawr"s are very loud and scary, ha. when you just say "peek a boo" all nicely, she isn't as entertained. But sometimes she gets scared, until you laugh first, then she laughs...ha
Exploring/Playing at Grandma/Grandpa Lundeen's.
Everytime we visit the Lundeen Grandparents she is kind of scared of the dogs, but likes them once she gets used to them again,  (doesn't mind their face licking yet.) and Loves to crawl over Sensi!
Loves her cats, and started to talk to/yell at Indi (the only cat who won't get near enough for her to touch her)
Making lots of Noise (sometimes annoying, sometimes cute)
blankets and snuggling with them
Pulling on/eating her socks/tights
going on walks!
going out, anywhere, she is very social.
At the store loves looking anywhere but at mom. ha
She loves attention from friends and strangers! (and she gets a lot of attention because she's funny and cute!)
Swinging in the baby swing at the park :)
her Doggy Computer toy (she learned how to open by herself this month! she used to only know how to close it, and then the fun was over until mom opened it again)
Loves playing on her own, I love this about her, she is a very independent little girl, and doesn't always have to be entertained!



Cutie:
Grandma Mary sent MJ her first Easter Basket! It was right after Caleb and I's trip to Boise, we got home on Easter and I opened MJ's box, and it was a surprise Easter basket! It was so sweet, with cute socks, a stuffed bunny, a cell phone toy, a book, and spring colored pretty bows that she's worn alot since....and other stuff I probably am forgetting. It was very sweet, and MJ's first Easter Basket so I'll never forget! (MJ loves her new cell phone, but she loves playing with Mama's phone more for some reason......)

When we went to el herredaro one time this month (with Grandma Suzanne, my brother Jake, Caleb, MJ and me) MJ was sitting in the highchair and looking at this little figurine/statue and kept smiling at it with her huge crinkly faced cheesy smile. ha it was so cute!
-.....In fact she always crinkles her face up, sometimes it looks like a huge cheesy smile, other times it just looks like she's cringing! I don't know why she does it so much, but ha oh well :)
-There's a picture of Caleb hanging up in our house (it's Caleb's mom's picture) and he is doing the exact same, huge crinkley faced smile that MJ does all the time!!!

MJ usually laughs uncontrollably before bed, at nothing. Usually it's just a fake laugh, like she's forcing it....."huh huh huh..." ha I wish I could put the sound into this blog because it's so cute, and funny, I'll try to take a video of it!
But if we (especially her dad) plays with her before bed, she is sooo giggly and absolutely LOVES it! He is starting to get more rough, throws her in 180's(& tries 360s) and tosses her on the bed a little more roughly....I hope he doesn't hurt her, but what are dad's for???? I hope he continues to play with her!

"I was playing with MJ after she watched a baby einstein movie on youtube....ok I'll admit, I watched it with her. Anyways, on her show it said "star" and then showed tons of stars. and pretty sparkley things, and she really enjoyed that part. (so did I :).....after her show I was giving her toys to play with in her highchair.....if she isn't in the mood she'll usually drop or throw it pretty fast. but she usually plays with toy after toy and loves them for awhile, but the older they get the less interesting........Anyways I gave her an older star toy Star teething blanket, I held it up and said "star" and I could see in her eyes when she remembered or understood or whatever, and she smiled really really big and then I laid it on her highchair table, and she pointed at it and smiled, and I said..."yeah it's so pretty, just like you" and she smiled even bigger. ha anyways, it was really sweet and I had to write it down right after it happened!" April 15

4/30 - Caleb and I were finishing watching the movie Rat Race, which we started the night before, I look over and MJ's clapping her hands together for the first time (that I saw) I instantly got all excited and scared her, but when I clapped my hands together, she started doing it again.  I got this cute video of her being a crazy and loud but cute :)

I was very proud of her because I've been trying to teach her to do that for weeks, she does this thing when she's excited and flops her hands around in the air excitedly, and every time she did that I would clap my hands together, and she'd study me and smile....so I was excited when she finally did it. I'm trying to teach her to wave goodbye, blow kisses and some other stuff but she hasn't done any of those yet.

MJ started waving a lot more the past couple of days (just one hand, instead of flopping both hands around like she used to do)  She'll wave hello/goodbye to us sometimes, and at the store she waved at another baby! she's so cute!

1 comment:

  1. Clapping!!! How stinkin' cute! Can't wait to clap with her in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete