April 2, 2013

Maryjane - 9 month update

WOW this is Maryjane's last single digit monthly update!!! YAY!




Sleeping:

MJ slept awesome, for the most part! This is our last full month sharing a room, (hopefully) so I enjoyed every second of it.....There are bad and good things about sharing a room (but not a bed) with your baby, but I tried to focus on the good things for this month!!! I know it'll be a big change for all of us to get our own room.....but I think we'll be ok :) I'll let you know in next months post how it's going! ha

She has been on more of a schedule this month, she usually goes to bed around 9 or 10, and gets up at 8! (unless I have to wake her up at 7 to go to daycare....)  She usually takes a long (or a couple long) naps in the morning, and no naps in the evening (unless she's way cranky, then I let her have a short evening nap)


MJ loves to just hangout in her crib sometimes during the day....even if she doesn't take a nap, it calms her down to play/roll around in her crib by herself for awhile sometimes.

She falls asleep by herself most of the time, sometimes I have to come shove a binkie in her screaming mouth, but she hates being rocked to sleep now.

She's been doing alot worse these past couple days, because she spent awhile at Grandma and Grandpa Lundeen's house last week..... but we'll get back on schedule! :)




Eating:

We give her solid food about 3  or 4 times a day, and she loves almost everything! She still mostly eats stage 2 and some stage 3 (chunkier) foods!

We started giving her finger foods!
Her first finger food was fresh banana that I broke up into teeny pieces......and she couldn't pick them up by herself at first, and when she finally did she didn't put it in her mouth.....but she loved when I put them in her mouth, she gagged a little bit, but soon didn't.  She loves bananas. and now she can have way bigger chunks, and put them in her own mouth!

She's also eaten some yogurt bites and puffs (she likes puffs way better!), but didn't know how to stick them in her own mouth until a couple days ago! She's so cute putting them in her mouth because it takes her awhile sometimes...and she opens her mouth so wide and sticks her tongue out trying to get it...but I'm sure she'll get better at it fast.

MJ tried icecream for the first time! Ben and Jerry's Cinnamon Buns.  On a whim I decided to let her try my icecream.  She didn't really take bites, just licked a little bit and then begged for more!  I knew she would LOVE it, because icecream is the thing I craved most when I was pregnant!

MJ also had some more foods when Grandma Suzanne was babysitting. I have a huge fear of her choking, so grandma tried alot of foods that I haven't. She ate ritz and garahm crackers (which I should buy, so she can have more!!!!) and she may have tried other stuff!

Overall MJ still LOVES food and loves to eat! And sometimes (especially when in a growth spurt or early in the morning) she can get so loud and cranky about it! Her little "mmm"s after each bite can be cute, but if she's in a bad mood she is TOO loud, she's like, FEED MEEEE!

MJ still doesn't really drink out of her sippy cup, but loves to chew on the spout!  But she likes when we give her drinks of water from our glass, she takes a little sip and backs off, then begs for more! But we don't do that alot because I want her to learn how to give herself her own drinks!


Teething:
MJ has had on and off teething/drooling days....but the last week of the month was the worst, where she always has her finger in her mouth, or trying to chew on everything, even Grandma's hand.....drooling everywhere, and SO cranky! She even got slight fevers from teething, poor girl..... We can see her top front teeth are almost coming through! They will probably be here in less then a week!

We also bought MJ her first toothbrush, and training toothpaste.  I brush her teeth every night, she opens her mouth as soon as she sees the toothbrush now.....and she loves to grab it in her death grip and chew on it for as long as she can.


Playing/Learning/moving:
MJ is loving to stand and hold on to stuff and rock back and forth.  Her favorite thing to do that on is her playpen, because it slightly moves and shifts.  
She loves to rock back and forth while sitting too....mostly to music.  She loves to dance!
Sometimes she flips over the hippo toy that Grandma Mary got her before she moved, and stands on it. It's about 6 inches high. She's only done it a few times so far....but I see a little rugrat child in our future (breaking out of her playpen)
She also loves to stand up in middle of a room, not holding onto anything and just stand there.  She gets all excited and proud of herself and throws her arms around.
She's not walking yet, but getting closer!
MJ's had a few bad falls this month and got alot more bruises! She cut her gums open a few times with her teeth, and it bleeds quite a bit.  It's happened 4 or 5 times. the first time it happened was at daycare, and they called me to tell me...when I picked her up she had blood all over her shirt :(  When it happens at home (well mostly at Grandma's) we let her suck/chew on a wet, warm rag and it seems to help.
MJ loves playing peek a boo and will even cover her own face occasianally and take the blanket off.
I think MJ will be clapping soon. She waves her arms around (which is so cute but funny, it's like the, "yay this is fun wave", and whenever she does it I clap my hands together, and she looks at me so intently like she's trying to figure out how I'm doing that.



Talking:
MJ is a pretty loud girl. She moans, whines, squeals, yells, babbles, and I think she WANTS to sing. She loves when we sing or hum......at the very end of the month (ever since we picked her up a couple days ago, she's been so loud but moves her voice in octives. Sometimes one loud, long one...and sometimes short 'ah's, but I sware she's trying to sing, and think her voice is awesome.)
She says "mamamamamama" alot when she's whiney or wants someone, I love it :)
But no other real words yet!  I try to get her to say "daddy", and on the way home a couple days ago, she was saying "dadadadadada" for the first time. Her daddy was driving and I was in the backseat, and I think he got so happy when he heard it, because she can make the "da" sound, maybe in a month she'll be saying it more.
I sware she knows what his name is, She's good at "ba" so she's getting close!


Daycare:
I think she's doing better at daycare, every time I go to pick her up, and there are other babies there, they are usually all around each other happily playing, so hopefully she's being nicer...

I still don't like the one lady that works there, but I don't cry when I drop MJ off, and I am nice to her....to her face! But she never responds to me at all, or look at MJ, unless other people are around.....And whenever I come in on my breaks she just seems so annoyed by all the babies...When I drop MJ off MJ doesn't like her and grabs onto my shirt, doesn't want me to put her down, I don't know what her problem is but she should not work with babies!!!!

There is a really nice lady that works at the daycare too, and everytime MJ sees her she gets excited and smiles. I wish this was the main baby watcher!

MJ is usually is way tired after Daycare (even if she's napped there) and needs another nap! But that's ok with me!



MR. FUR:

MJ is still mostly using newborn binkies, because they are some of the only ones left....ha MR. Fur, our Gray kitty loves to carry around all binkies... except the newborn binkies.  He puts the part the baby sucks on in his mouth.....it's kind of cute, but annoying and I definatly chase him down when I catch him with a binkie....I have no clue where he puts them!

Mr. Fur seriously loves MJ, he still jumps into her playpen and crib all the time and lays on his back, and just wants to chill with her.

One time I was sitting on the couch and Mr. was on my lap, laying there and purring and being cute.  MJ was tired, because it was almost bed time, and she fell, but not too hard, but she was tired and started crying a little.   MR put his claws into my leg, and I told him no and pushed him a little, and he jumped down and jumped in the playpen and layed on his back.  That right there proved to me, that for some reason he loves her.

Even though she's a baby and grabs him and hurts him sometimes (and yes he has clawed her a little bit, but not bad, and I'm sure she deserved it!)



TV:
MJ has always been interested in TV (whatever we're watching), so lately, while trying to keep her up past 8, or just trying to keep her happy,  I put on some toddler/baby show on youtube or netflix, and she LOVES alot of them. Some of her favorites are Eebee (on netflix), which is a puppet baby that just plays around and stuff.....and baby einstein (on youtube).....She also loves blue clues, Arthur, and Sesame Street.......I really have to switch it up so I don't go crazy....  She's sat in her highchair and watched those shows for an hour or more! It's great for when I have stuff to do and she's being cranky, or I just want to keep her up past her evening nap!



Random Cuteness and Loves:
MJ plays with her own hair when she's falling asleep in her highchair, one of her new favorite napping places. (she always liked to play with my hair when falling asleep in my arms, which she hardly EVER does anymore...but seeing her playing with her own hair is so f-ing cute!)

Have I mentioned that MJ's hair is no longer black? When she was born, it was black (or really really dark brown) Now, it is pretty light, especially in the sun. It's still lovely as heck, but I do miss her dark dark hair......(so much that I died my own hair dark! :)


MJ LOVES walks, and we've been walking outside as much as we can! YAY spring! (BOO the winter weather we've been having lately.)

I don't know if I ever said it, or when she started doing it, but MJ definatly reacts/responds to her name. Not everytime.....but she does it especially when we say "Hey MJ...."


MJ loves her snuggly toys and blankets. She loves ALL toys, but when she's tired she loves to snuggle with her stuffed animals and blankets :)

MJ loves to laugh, ha....when she's tired it's the easiest time to get her to uncontrollably giggle. Sometimes all I have to do is look at her, and if I laugh or smile back (which is hard NOT to do, because she's so cute) it's sure to get a laugh! and sometimes a squeel....it's SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!
She also still loves when I kiss/bite her belly....neck....or feet.
Ha she is so fun.

I painted MJ's little toenails for the first time this month, on st. patty's day! I was going to paint them green but couldn't find green, so I painted them yellow! I don't know how often I'll paint those suckers because that baby is squirmy and has a hard time sitting there long enough for them to dry! (even with the fast-dry spray I have...) After I painted them she was more interested in her feet again, and I catch her looking at them sometimes. :)


Well I guess that's all, see ya next month!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment