(I wrote most of this on the 2nd, MJ's half birthday, while we were in Seattle, but I'm just adding a few things before I post it....) Sorry it's so late!!!!
My baby girls 6th month was a huge one!!!!
We now have a crawler!!! She starting scooting/army crawling the very first week of this month:
over the next few weeks she's gotten alot faster and more steady! she also crawls more on her hands more with her body up....but mostly stuck to the army crawl throughout the month
Thankfully she gets distracted by toys for a couple minutes before making her way to something I don't want her to hurt herself on!
She's bonked her head on her dresser, the sides of her crib, and other stuff. But I think she is getting better at controlling her head, and not falling over....especially in her crib! She will crawl to the bottom of her crib and stare and laugh at us :)
She also started to pull herself up onto low stuff, sitting on her knees, including her car seat when it's on the ground, and her crib sides. When I got home from Seattle, I lowered the mattress in her crib!! (and good thing too because she has no problems pulling herself up on the bars...
She is so cute when she pulls herself up on stuff because she'll use both hands to pull herself up, and then steady herself on one hand, and put out her other hand! It's like her little trick, and she loves doing it. (I have lots of pictures of her doing her trick, that you will see soon)
MJ's first Christmas!
Before Christmas, MJ was really interested in the presents under the tree. I would pull her to the other side of the room (not a very big room, but still) she would slowly make her way toward the presents, I would hear crinkling and she'd be squeezing and eating the present, and I would pry the present from her grasp and pull her back, then it would start all over again. She opened about 5 presents before Christmas.
I had a feeling she'd be crawling by Christmas, and I was right!!!!!
Christmas day was pretty good, we were in Mackay celebrating with Caleb's family, because I knew that I would be taking the trip to Seattle and celebrating with my family after Christmas! Christmas morning we gave MJ 2 presents in Mackay and she didn't seem that interested. Later we drove home and opened the rest our presents, we put them all around her and let her go to town (we thought she'd really enjoy opening her presents, by the way she acted before Christmas) but on Christmas, she was pretty cranky and not that interested in opening things!
I'm glad I let her open a few presents before Christmas!
We have been working on sitting up a lot this month, and MJ wasn't too interested. She always wanted to lean forward for a toy or to crawl......but she started sitting up on her own, for long periods of time,toward the end of the month. (the day we got to Seattle) She doesn't use her hands to stabilize her, and she eventually falls over, but wow she is doing so good at it! she sits up really straight, not low to the ground at all!
We LOVE MJ's Personality!
She is a really happy baby and quick to smile.She loves attention from (most) people and loves to talk to them.... Her gummy smile is soooo cute.....I just love it!
Some of MJ's loves:
all her toys, and new toys! licking, sucking, chewing and drooling on her toys, talking and being loud-squealing, spitting, &screaming/screaching, smiling all the time (except when she doesn't feel good). being kissed, especially on her cheeks/neck, feet, or belly-it always makes her smile! She also loves being 'bitten' on her tummy and feet, it makes her laugh. Loves attention, going out and going to new places. Loves people, especially if they are goofy with her, or have a beard to touch! Loves when a blanket covers her face,weirdo, Loves cuddling with mama. Loves reaching toward new things: anything you're holding when you're holding her...you're phone, kindle, laptop, hair. Loves touching faces, loves watching videos of herself, and other babies. Loves daycare and all the people who work there! Loves moving around (see videos above). and playing by herself or with others, loves babies 1 and 2 years of age (she always smiles at them and tries to follow them around)
Loves her aunt Candice. When Can visited this month, it was so cute because MJ had just woken up from a (really short) nap, and was in her crib, and Can goes in there and MJ just started laughing and got so excited, and screamed in delight! She's always so excited when Aunty Can is around, she just stares at her and loves her attention! <3
She loves all her aunties and uncles.
She laughed so hard at Jasmine and I one late night, for nothing. She was just so happy Jazz came to see us I guess..
She's in a really noisy stage! Loves to scream!!!! When happy or sad. mostly when happy.
Sometime during the month she did a cute new kick where she clicks her heels together then kicks both her feet out and up. SO CUTE!
food!!!!
We started giving MJ rice cereal in her bottles in the middle of the month. I don't know if it really made a difference, but I was trying to make her more full so she could go longer between bottles. After a week of this we started adding more baby foods into her diet. I was going to wait until January, but she honestly seemed ready. And I wasn't doing it to make her more full so she'd sleep through the night, because she already slept through the night! But I just felt like she could handle it and it was good for her!
We officially started MJ on solids Dec 22, her first food was apples, she didn't seem to like them too much, I think they are too sour or something, but she really liked sweet potatoes, her second food! When I got to seattle, my bro and sis in law had a lot of leftover "prunes and apples" and since she's had apples already and had no bad reaction, I fed her those, and she really seemed to enjoy them.
At first the food that went in would come right back out again, but after a couple of days she started getting a lot better at swallowing most of it, she still gets way messy, but a lot of that has to do with the fact that she really tries to grab the spoon & food every time I am trying to get it in her mouth....I don't know what to do about it, I try to hold her hands down but she eventually wiggles them free, grabs the food, then gets it all over!
But one thing is for certain, this girl loves to eat!!!! she loves her bottles still and is growing rapidly!
SLEEP!
Well, MJ is a pretty good sleeper. She sleeps through the night almost every night, but sometimes it doesn't seem like long enough for me! haha...she is usually an early bird.
but if she stays up extra late with us, then she'll sleep in with us too!
WELL, that's all I can think of, but I already have alot more for her 7th month update :) I will post pictures soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment