November 2, 2012

Maryjane - 4 month update!

Well, it's MJ's 4 month birthday today!  I can't believe how much she's growing and learning!


 MJ loves to sit up like a big girl and just hangout or watch TV.  
Usually she sits on our laps or in her swing, not straight on the couch :)
If she's just on the couch like this, I watch her very close, don't worry :)
 I don't think She's very close to being able to sit up on her own, because she lacks the balance in her body, and usually won't use her arms to help her stay up, we are going to work on it more this month!
MJ has been wearing lots of 3-6 month outfits, and sometimes even bigger clothes.  With pants, she can wear 6 month pants comfortably, and most her 3-6 month pants are getting too small. Alot of her 3-6 month clothes are getting too tight too,  especially in the length....

 She wears this "12 month" onesie for one of her night time onesies, and it fits pretty good! 
You never can tell with baby clothes! 



 
wearing a too big(9 month), really soft/fuzzy new bunny/bear onesie from ross! She wears this occasionally, when I want her to feel extra cuddly and soft :) and it's starting to fit better!
I love it on her :)


  I love her in the blanket/sleeping bag sleepers!




MJ's Achievements this month:

MJ really started grabbing things. 
We play this game, where I show her her binkie and she has to grab it and put it in her mouth herself.  Sometimes she's not in the mood and will just cry and/or open her mouth and try to lean closer until I put it in.  But sometimes she will grab the binkie and most the time brings it straight to her mouth. It usually doesn't go in the right way, and she'll sit there and gnaw on it. She is learning though. I've also seen her grab her own binkie when it's in her mouth, pull it out of her mouth a little bit, then push it back in, and I've seen her get it in her mouth when it's on the ground or her chest.   She is getting better at it everyday!
She also grabs anything she can reach. She still doesn't reach out as far as she can, but she will grab anything her hands come into contact with. toys, hair, blankets, clothes, hands, etc....

She started noticing and grabbing her feet toward the last part of the month :) She's even randomly sucked on her feet  a little bit when I'm changing her diaper. ha




 



EYES
She got daddy's big eyes and eyelashes <3
her eyelashes are getting thicker, longer and darker.
I'm jealous ;)
Her eyes are still dark and will probably be brown.
She is very bright eyed!
I love how she looks at us, and smiles with her eyes :)


 ha this one cracks me up. she's trying to lick his nose...which she does alot when daddy's close to her face talking to her.  She really has a plan to eat that nose oneday!



MJ started rolling over a ton, and pretty much anytime we put her down she rolls onto her belly.  She ended up being on her belly alot more, so soon she learned how to roll from her belly to her back.  She still isn't as good at rolling that way, it takes alot more effort, but she's done it quite a bit.
She also used to love her arms straight out to her side when on her belly, (like the first picture below) she did that ALL the time, and never really lifted her chest up...I tried to teach her that if she keeps her arms in closer she can lift herself up more, and it worked! she started to do that more!  :) she started to hold her chest and head up so high, she can look up right at me sitting on the couch watching her. And she can hold her head up for a long time!
I think the rate she's going, she will be crawling by Christmas!





 do you like her string of drool?

 

 








Teething:

As you can see in some of the pics above, MJ has been chewing on her fingers, hands, and arms alot more.  She has had lots of the signs for teething this month, but no teeth yet!  She constantly has her hands, arms, a blanket or her binkie in her mouth. She drools a ton! She is cranky, for no apparent reason. I can feel her little teeth under her gums on her top gums more then her bottom gums, so we will see when they cut!





Sleep:




MJ's been sleeping pretty good at night and for naps....for the most part!  
She mostly sleeps on her side or her stomach, and I think sleeping on her stomach helps her fall back asleep easier when she stirs in middle of the night. 
She's been sleeping for 6-8 hours straight a night, plus more before and after. 
 
 I find her sideways, on her belly, or any which way in her crib. She likes kicking the crib railing, and scratching the mattress.  She'll sit there are scratch over and over, I think she likes the sound it makes, ha, it reminds of something Jack used to do! :)



Sweetheart with a huge heart:

MJ loves people. (especially her dad and I) She loves to be talked to and smiled at.  When you put her binkie in her mouth she wraps her arms around your hand and grabs your hand, and is so content if you just leave it there on her face or chest. It's her favorite way to fall asleep, although we don't do that every time!
She loves to cuddle. She loves to sit on our laps and is just really calm and content most the time
(if she is wiggly I put her down so she can kick, make noise and roll around to get her energy out!) 

 ha

 mmm loves her tasty hands


Baby Loves/hates:

Loves her toy animals. Giraffe, seahorse, mobile animals, and others.
 Loves music and toys that make music.
Loves watching TV while cuddling.
Loves sleeping in arms, or next to someone.
Loves her binkie.
Loves grabbing things and tasting them.
Loves sticking out her tongue.
Loves trying to sit up and holding her head up.
Loves making noises including squeals of delight, moans, and "guh" sounds.
Loves being kissed! (She always gets a big smile when we kiss her, especially if we do it over and over. ha)
Loves attention.
Starting to love baths more.
Loves her binkie and it will usually calm her down and shut her up (but sometimes it pisses her off more!)

Hates getting dressed when she's tired, especially putting her arms in sleeves.
Hates teething and having belly aches.
Hates being left on the floor for too long.
Hates being left anywhere by herself for too long.





Talking/screaming:

MJ has found her voice. 
She gets so mad sometimes, if she hasn't gotten enough sleep or doesn't feel well, and if you try to feed her when she's not hungry, or try to put her binkie in her mouth, she gets so mad and screams uncontrollably.  Only sometimes, because usually I can get her to sleep enough.
-When crying, she has more real tears! It's so sad. haha

Even when she's talking happily, she has gotten so much louder. Sometimes she loves to yell at her toys! (while kicking of course)

Honestly there is a fine line between pissed yelling and happy yelling. Sometimes I just can't tell. She'll be happily on her belly just talking, or so I think.  Then I pick her up and she whines and cries like she was sad the whole time.  It's just confusing.  Maybe she's confused about if she's happy or sad sometimes.

 


She holds her feet up if she wants to be picked up....

 
 
such a sweetheart, she loves holding our hands and feeling our faces. (she tries to 'scratch' our faces sometimes but I'm trying to teach her to be gentle)
She loves her dada!


MJ is a stinker, and doesn't like smiling for pictures anymore!!! (as you can probably see by lack of smile pictures.) She smiles ALL THE TIME, well especially while being talked to! But when I brake out the camera, she usually just stares unless she's in a really good mood! 
So I tricked her and did something that always makes her smile, I covered her in a blanket then pulled it off. She loves that game! So I got these two smiley pictures! (but I felt like cheating, especially when MJ looked confused after the flash went off in her face....)
And I didn't want to ruin our blanket game for good!



My little girl is definatly getting a bigger personality! And she's definatly a girl... Happy, sad, happy, mad, happy again.  But for the most part she is content, so we are truely lucky!

Caleb and I think that her hair is growing in reddish. You can't really tell yet, but it's definatly growing in lighter then the almost black hair she was born with! 
I think she is soo pretty :)


 she loves her mama! (lucky meeee!)


&We love you baby girl!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment