I've been sick but tried my best to do my yoga. MJ was sick Monday (almost 2 weeks ago) and I got sick that Wednesday.....so I missed both my yoga classes that week!!!! I tried to do it on my own, but I was sick so I obviously didn't do much...............but still felt sore! My body just needed to rest.
I felt alot better by friday, so I did my
6th Sun Salutation Friday! This is the first week I didn't count how many sun salutations I did....I don't think I did enough, but I did alot of random poses that felt good. It was the first time I really did yoga since before we got sick.....it felt way nice! moving and going through the familiar process just felt so good.
my 7th Sun Salutation Friday went really good! I felt way strong. The only downside is I had to hurry through the last 7 or so Sun Salutations because I had to get ready for school. My shoulders and arms didn't get as sore as earlier weeks, but my hamstrings and hips did. (but I have been going on alot more walks in this awesome weather we are having, so I'm sure that contributed to my sore legs). Overall I'm getting stronger, and I am trying to integrate more warrior 3, half moon, and twists to my sun salutation Fridays.....just because I can.
I feel like I'm learning alot....my focus these couple weeks has been more about breathing and meditating, not about the postures.....even though I planned to do alot more practice this week, what felt good wasn't what I expected. And I think it's important to listen to your body and do what feels good!!!!
I did quite a bit of foot yoga this past week, and I think the best time to do it is the night before I have my yoga class, because then I feel alot more grounded during class and can focus more on other stuff, like balance, twisting, and opening, and don't have to worry about grounding as much, because I'm already grounded.
I keep getting reminded, over and over these past couple weeks, about a lesson, about finding balance. and it's something I've been thinking about alot.
True balance shifts and changes... think about a tree, balancing in a storm, it's branches blow around, and are flexible, and it's roots reach down into the earth.
I've been trying to find balance in my life, and it changes everyday.
Right now I am trying to find a balance in going to school, doing my homework, doing my yoga/meditation practice, reading and learning and spending time with my husband and daughter, etc...
Lately, I have been stressed about money, but I am trying not to be. I know that someday we will be better off with money. I need to be happy and grateful for what I have, and that I have more then enough!
Having a heart full of love and gratitude is more important then having money......right now I have so much time with my daughter, and I am sooooooooo lucky for that, it is exactly what I need right now, and I absolutely LOVE the time I get to spend with her!
I am trying to find balance everyday, time to write and express myself, time to breathe and sit in silence, time to talk to my husband, time with my daughter: to read to her, cuddle with her, play with her, take her on walks, etc....
A list of things I can do to keep balanced each day......
1. Eat fresh fruits and veggies
2. Only allow myself a little bit of time on facebook/pinterest each day.
3. Clean a little each day (so the mess doesn't add up until I'm SO overwhelmed with it)
4. Do some homework/studying each day (do my homework early so I dont get overwhelmed last minute)
5. Read for fun
6. Write for myself each day
7. Write/talk to a friend
8. Yoga/stretch
9. walk/run/work out
10. meditate/breath/relax
11. play with MJ one on one
12. Read/talk to MJ
13. talk to and spend time with my husband
14. Go outside
15. pet my kitties (and dogs, if I'm with them)
Well that's all I can think of, but If I could do ALL these things each and every day, I think I would be more balanced. But everyday is different and requires more of one thing and less of another! Each day I will try to think of what I can do to help my mind and body and time be more balanced!
I challenge you do make a similar list, and do things that will help keep you balanced in your life, and give you time for all the important things you want, and need to do :)
No comments:
Post a Comment