December 1, 2012

Maryjane - 5 month update

MJ is 5 months old tomorrow!!! She is just so fun these days!!! I am loving this phase and don't really want it to end, unfortunatly she is growing and learning every day! Ha jk, it's not a bad thing, I love watching her grow and learn, and I am her biggest cheerleader, I'm SO proud of her!!!!




MJ is so happy most of the time. She likes to do new things, and go new places.  She gets sick of doing the same thing for too long....(I am the same way!) 
She loves attention, especially being talked to, and talking back! She loves when we make weird noises and act like dorks (and we do it alot because we love her cute smiles and laughs !)
She loves when her daddy plays guitar and sings for her.  She loves when mom sings even though mom can't sing!
She gets excited when dad comes home from work, she loves her dad!!!
She also loves to just sit on mama's lap (or daddy's) and watch TV, hangout, and cuddle. 
But she likes having her alone time, watching her mobile and kicking, sucking on her feet, playing with her toys (aka finding a way to grab them and eat them)and working out







Teething - now that she can grab things better, she loves to chew on a few new teething toys, but they make her mad after awhile!
She also chews/licks/sucks on her fist, fingers, toes, arm, blankets, your shoulder or arm if you are holding her, and anything that comes near her mouth or that she can figure out how to get near her mouth.
Ha, one day I saw her licking one of her bed posts! (past the mesh bumper)

Sometimes she gets so covered in drool, we started using bibs because she'd get SO drooly, but towards the end of the month she hasn't been drooling as much.


Towards the very end of the month, Caleb and I started to be able to see a little teeny white? bump on her top gums! We don't know if the tooth is going to emerge soon, or what? 

I am sad because this outfit is almost too small and it's so cuddly, definatly one of my favorites!!!


She was being a goof ball during the photo session below.  She is just so funny, she cracks me up sometimes with her noises and faces! as you can tell, I capture some funny facial expressions on this girls face!


she's making a high pitched squeaky noise in this one, and her face just cracks me up!




she looked so small eating in daddy's lap, ha
she's so cute!
the "cowgirl" pants below are some of my favorites of this size, they were Jack's old pants I think.....Anyways, they look so comfy and big, but the waist is too small now, and MJ's belly is getting fat :) (we wore the pants below the belly for awhile, ha)


Sleeping - Well my baby is officially a great night sleeper.  She slept through the night every night this month! 8-10 hours, except when she had a cold at the end of the month!
poor baby couldn't breathe through her mouth very well, and she loves her binkie, but it would make her mad she couldn't breathe and have her binkie at the same time!!!! (I would be mad too)

I am very lucky because I usually get enough sleep!  I rarely felt like a zombie this month...and I'm knocking on wood that she'll continue with her good sleeping habits!  I know we'll probably have our nights, but man I love how MJ loves sleep :)



I am writing a whole post on sleeping, what we did and didn't do! :)



this is the day she started looking at her mobile from a new angle!!!!
(she does this alot now....)
what a cutie
Cuddling with dad before school one day.... :)
She played with her doll for the first time this month. She loves it :)

she plays with/grabs and sucks on her feet all the time now!
This is one of the first times she grabbed her feet! (before she could eat them :)
Comparing her size to daddy's big shoe!!
She seems so big sometimes, but really she is still a little baby and I gotta enjoy it while I can!
her first happy meal toy, Thanks Grandma!
that was fun to try and eat for a few minutes before my mom took it away :)
Love this cuddly, elephant jacket!


My baby girl eats alot more during the day, usually every 2 hours she's hungry and will eat 7-8 ounces!  I dunno if it's because she sleeps all night or if it's because her gums hurt from teething or she's getting ready for solid foods!  But I don't really mind as long as she's happy!




more funny faces!
This girl knows how to make noise!
She's learned a few new gurgling, squeaking, whining, and spitting noises this month!
I have a feeling she's going to be so social and talkative, just like dad!
She loves attention, but will even just lay and talk to her toys or herself.



She's gotten so good at tummy time, and rolling back and forth.

Usually she's pretty smiley!!! It's easy (especially for me and her dad) to make her smile. 
When we catch eyes, I smile and she instantly smiles back :) I love it!!!!
LOVE her smile!
She loves her Grandma!!!
(she's tired in these pics..., obviously)

She thought her antlers were funny :)
But didn't like wearing them!

She liked when RJ wore them though :)

I just thought she looked really pretty in this picture:

Ever since MJ was born she loved to grab hair. whenever my hair hung within grasp of her little hand she would grab on and hold tight.  She still loves to grab hair, but now she can reach out and grab it! She doesn't really pull, sometimes she doesn't let go when you're trying to set her down and that pulls it, but she doesn't intentionally pull and I'm trying to teach her to be gentle with hair and faces!
We have to watch her hands, face, and mouth for mama's hairs.  She's gotten them in her mouth a few times, and I feel bad for her, my hairs are so long!



She LOVES kisses (for now), even when she's really tired and cranky, if I kiss her cheek, neck, hands, feet, anything, she gets a sweet smile!!! I love it!  :) 

She also likes puppy kisses (but not as much as mama and daddy kisses) 
MJ was kissed by a few more puppies this month!
 (3 sweet dogs at our friend Neisha and Troy's...they were obsessed with her! :))
She gets ALOT of Flea kisses too, her biggest doggie fan!
 & she still likes his kisses!
LOVES grandpa!
sitting in the walker at Grandma's. She's starting to not mind the walker for short periods of time. She likes being on the floor better,  But she prefers being held! :)
We always get so many compliments on her eyes. They really are breathtaking.  Big and brown, and kinda tilted and shaped awesome!   and She loves looking at people!



Starting to show preferance of who is holding her.   Well usually she's been fine when other people hold her, but sometimes,
She'll just stare at your face, and you can see the recognition on her face if she breaks into smile. :) it's so cute! But if she doesn't know she she might burst into tears, instead of a smile. :)
Sorry Sam, first person she's ever done that too!!!



Mama's still her favorite, and sometimes when she cries and I'm not in the room, I can hear MooooooooM. :) I wish she'd use the "mmm" sound when she's' happy, but she only does when she's sad!


Toward the end of the month MJ started reaching toward things when in tummy time! I put her on a blanket and put toys just out of reach in front of her, and she'll reach and wiggle and rock back and forth a little bit, and sometimes pull the blanket to get the toy. Sometimes she'll scoot forward enough to get it! I think she might be crawling by christmas!  She is so determined and active!



I have alot more pictures from this month that will have to wait.... I lost my camera connector, and once they are on my computer, I still need to figure out how to upload them onto my blog!!!
I will work on it over Christmas break probably!

No comments:

Post a Comment