enjoy :)
First off, it's been so fun having this little girl here with us! She is so amazing, and I love getting to know her more and more each day!
Caleb is such a good dad&husband. He helps out alot with the baby, :) and he loves her SOOO much!
-When Caleb is talking to MJ and calls her "baby", sometimes he says it like "beh-bee" not "bay-bee". It's so cute!
-MJ loves her dad and his music... and he's good at calming her down!
-she loves the way he pats her!
-MJ is pretty hairy, just like Caleb was when he was little!!! (except he was hairier!)
The hair in the back is thickest, and she has short hairs all over her arms, ears, forehead, and shoulders. She has a cute little cow-lick right at the front of her hair (the hair on the top of her head that is) she hasn't lost much hair.....to me her hair at the top of her head looks thicker! she seriously has the prettiest hair I've ever seen on a newborn!
Mornings are usually MJ's most alert times! (well now she's been more alert all throughout the day!)
she fights sleep during the day, but usually sleeps pretty good at night....for 2-3 hour intervals! (unless she has bad gas or has to poo, then she'll usually have worse nights...)
but usually she'll just pass out after eating at night
July 10th...when MJ was 8 days old, I left the baby with grandma and dropped Caleb off somewhere, when I got home the baby was kinda sleeping but wiggling and making noises. And I said "are you awake?" and she peeked at me with one eye, and I said "HI BABY!" and she opened both eyes, smiled really big and laughed! not a huge laugh, but a chuckle. "huh huh" and she kept smiling, so I knew it was real :)
She's been smiling more and more, and has given us some huge real ones! But she won't smile on command.
-she has been doing this since the beginning but the baby really has started sucking on her hands more...when she wakes up and is hungry, or is mad and trying to comfort herself (while getting changed or whatever) She usually sucks on a closed fist, but sometimes will suck on a finger or two.
-We also introduced her to binkies after the first week or two, which she sometimes loves, but sometimes not.
-Unfortunatly I'm not breastfeeding like I planned. But the baby is doing really good on the formula that she's on!
-peeking. when Maryjane is tired, and still wants to look around, she will keep one eye open and one eye shut. She does it quite a bit and I think it's so cute! I think she gets it from me, because when I'm really tired and reading a text or something, I do the same thing!
-She is pretty noisey, and makes noises doing everything! eating, tummy time, falling asleep, waking up, etc....she makes noises when she breathes, little grunts and high pitched adorable squeaks.
-after the first few weeks she has been making new sounds!! she loves the growling "guh" sound.
-During tummy time MJ usually works really hard! she has been able to hold up her head and switch it from side to side since week one! She gets her knees all the way under her and lifts her butt in the air! She works so hard on her crawling muscles! Oh, she also LOVES being on her tummy! usually it will quiet her down if she's upset!
Here's a video of her in tummy time...she's not as active as usual when I took the video, because she saw the camera and stopped making noises and working her muscles.. and just stared. But still she's so cute!!! You can see her working hard partway through the video :)
I took Maryjane in her first walk July 5th! She rode in my carrier and did great :)
Budduh baby
She loves her musical seahorse, and it helps her calm down and sleep at night!
MJ looked beautiful for our wedding on July 7th!
Only time she's worn shoes! They were cute little sandals from Grandma Suzanne! SO cute
MJ met alot of family who loves her this month!
Will!
Michelle!
AbbyGreat Grandpa John!
Lookin at Great Grandpa John ...I call this her 'O' mouth! so cute!
Pat
Autumn
Cousin Ayden made her smile!
Grandma LeVon
I hope this next month, MJ can meet more of my side of the family! :)
so many people notice this baby's hands and feet.
She has big feet! and long toes! and she flexes her feet/toes alot :)
Dog Lovin!
Flea loves MJ. He gives her sweet little kisses. If the baby makes any noises, Flea is the first one concerned and he'll make sure that we take care of her!
Sensi isn't so sure of MJ yet. She will kiss her and will lay right next to her, but when she cries, Sensi just looks confused and/or doesn't care. I think she'll like MJ more when she starts crawling...even though she'll be a little scared at first.
I love the faces she makes!
Loving tummy time!
Towards the end of the month, we took MJ to our friend's cabin for a couple days! The Lancasters all love her :)
and she loves being outside in the wilderness (in the shade!)
Everyday new things entertain this little one. One day I'll put her in her swing and she'll instantly scream...the next day she loves the thing and falls asleep in it!
-I give MJ baths every few days, when she gets really dirty with her own bodily fluids and milk. I can tell she loves the warm water, but sometimes she's too tired and/or hungry to really enjoy the bath.
-Speaking of being hungry, this girl eats ALOT. I guess it's normal for newborns...but I sware she just finishes one bottle and then she wants another one...after a nap or playing of course.
-I love when she gets "milk drunk". Her eyes will be barely open, and she'll be calm, and just look drunk...with milk running down her chin of course :)
-I love when she falls asleep eating, and you take the bottle away and her lip and chin keeps quivering, and she keeps sucking. SO CUTE!
Trying to hold her own bottle at 3 weeks old!
Loves to stretch and make noises!
Hear no evil!
I love her little cute hands by her face....they are always by her face when she's eating! (sometimes she'll try to hold her bottle.)
I love her crazy hair!
Flea loves the baby so much, he'll watch her and especially be concerned when she cries!
bows have been harder to stick on her head then I thought. we've tried a bunch of stuff to stick them on, but they'll usually fall our pretty fast and leave her hair sticky and greasy!
passed out to some music (red hot chili peppers- by the way)
Daddy daughter lovin
I propped miss grumpy up on some pillows and turned on some of her music and she passed out!
watching dad play video games at the lancaster cabin
My little monster - 4 weeks old!
I am so grateful to all my friends who came and saw the baby this month! I am grateful for everyone who loves her...and I'm most of all grateful for my family!!! My mother in law and mother have babysat alot, so I can get out and get a break....they kept me sane ! :)
My Postpartum Recovery:
Well since I did pregnancy updates, you probably want to know how I am now, right? Right!
The first 2 weeks were the worst! I don't remember it being that bad last time.....it hurt to go to the bathroom everytime, my belly felt so bruised and sore, and all my insides, my lower back hurt, my neck and shoulders hurt, and I had no appetite, etc....
I did too much the 2nd week and hurt myself. I've been trying to take it easier since then, but it's been so hard for me!
I am slowly but surely able to do more and more! My abs still feel SO weak! and every part of my body feels different, yoga-wise. I feel like I have to start all over and learn what it's like to not be pregnant again! but I'm SO excited to start in 2 weeks! :)
My plan is to start really slow in yoga and running, and listen to my body... honestly I've been hiking, and doing a teeny bit of yoga like when I was pregnant. and I feel great! :)
I barely got my appetite back last week! I've been really hungry!! :) (I would eat before, but nothing was good, and I wasn't hungry!)
sleep- well obviously newborns wake up every couple hours to eat...but Caleb and I have been doing this thing where he stays up with her until midnight, or later if she's up later and he's not tired....and I try to go to sleep at 10 or 11. TRY to sleep. I usually just lay there with my eyes close and my mind racing until midnight, or Caleb comes to bed....and then I get up during the night with the baby 2 or 3 times. Sometimes we're up for a few hours while she whines and grunts and tries to poop. Ha if she is making any noises I can't sleep. But I wait until she's really awake and crys for food. and usually she just falls back asleep, when it's dark outside.. Then in the morning when it's light Caleb will get up with her and let me nap...but usually I don't nap at all I just get up!!! I try to nap some days, but I kind of gave up on that!!! too hard to fall asleep!
Soooo...I haven't been sleeping very well, even though technically I could! I slept SO much better when I was pregnant!! What is wrong with me? I am very tired, and zombie-like. And I have opportunities to sleep. But I just can't....
I'm not sure how much weight I've lost yet, but I gained 60 pounds when I was pregnant! So I'm sure it'll take a little bit to lose it all....but I don't care about how much I lose, I'm more concerned with getting in shape!!! Improving in Yoga and Running! (I will post more about running and yoga as I can practice more and more!)
Here's my smiley baby on her one month birthday! She looked so cute in an outfit from aunt Brigette! I accidently flashed her face too close in the second picture but I didn't want to miss her smile!
Wow. She is growing up so quickly. I can't believe she already fits in that outfit. Too cute!
ReplyDelete