The few days before, Caleb and I watched a few seasons of Breaking Bad to make time pass faster! It worked! :)
July 1 was a Sunday, and we did all our laundry and dishes, and packed up the last of our hospital bags!
We went to bed around 12:30 or 1 Sunday night....I didn't sleep until about 2. Too excited! I had to wake up at 5, Monday morning. I showered and got dressed. I was starting to get really thirsty, I couldn't drink or eat anything after midnight!
We got to the hospital 10 min late, at 6:10! It worked out fine, and we had to wait around a little anyway.... I got hooked up to a baby heartbeat monitor, a contraction monitor, an IV, and had my blood drawn! I read two chapters of TWOT on my kindle!
Before I knew it I was taken to the the operating room, given some numbing shots in the back, and given my spinal! (It was easier then last time because they didn't hit a nerve this time!!!!) They put me on the operating table, and kept poking my belly to see if I was numb yet.....it took a long time for me to be numb! I was scared they would start too early! When they put the catheter in I could feel it! (But it didn't hurt as bad as you'd think...)
Once I was numb they brought Caleb in...they straped my arms down (which I will NEVER let them do again, they didn't do it with Jack, but so annoying!!! I wouldn't freaking try to ruin the surgery or anything, so it was just dumb) They started cutting,It's weird I could feel it but not the pain. I felt alot of prodding and pulling. My shoulders started getting way uncomfortable and I wanted to just hug my body to stretch them but I couldn't because my arms were strapped down.....
Caleb kept peeking over the curtain, and then would ask me, "can you really not feel that?" ha, I learned later that one time he looked, one person was on each side and grabbing the incision and pulling as hard as they could outward....He said everyone was covered in blood and blood was oozing in the incision. I'm kinda glad I couldn't see....but Caleb did get a picture of the incision with the baby out, but you cant see her, but you can see the umbilical cord coming out of the incision, it's pretty cool.
Anyways, when the baby was out, people kept saying...look at that hair!!! and "wow look at all that black hair" and I was like, wow did I hear right, Black? hair! My doctor held up my precious baby and I saw her! And her hair was indeed black and matted down on her head! :) I later learned (and I think he told me before...) that Caleb had TONs of thick black hair when he was born! So she definatly got her daddy's hair :)
They took her to the side of the room and wiped her off and weighed her! 8 pounds 3 ounces! EXACTLY what I guessed she'd be!!! It was crazy. Caleb went and talked to her and watched her and took lots of pictures and a video! In the video she is butt naked so I probably won't post it online....she is having her heart and chest listened too and she just lays there not caring, then they touch her feet and she starts screaming! She is so cute!
Once they had her in a blanket and hat, they brought my baby to me and I told her I loved her and kissed her cheek! HER FIRST KISS!!! She was so beautiful!
They took her away to the nursery, the grandmas and grandpas followed her and watched. My mom got to go in the nursery with her! (only one person could, and I picked my mom!) I'm not sure what all they did but I've seen lots of pictures of the grandmas holding the baby from this time....
Meanwhile I got stitched up and taken to a room where they keep me until my spinal stops working some! Well it seemed to take forever!!!! I'm so glad Caleb was with me, to talk to and show me pictures of our daughter a million times!
I finally was getting a little less numb so they pushed me to my recovery room where I met up with Grandma Mary, Grandma Suzanne, and Grandpa Allen! (Will was there too and saw the baby but had to go to work) My baby was there waiting for me, or maybe she was brought there after, I don't remember....But I couldn't stop staring at her!!! She was so pretty!!!!
I can't remember alot of this, I think I tried to breastfeed....I think she did do it because I remember I felt relief that she breastfed so fast after birth! (I read in my breastfeeding book that it's pretty important!)
Alot of this is a blur....but that makes sense because at like 2, 3 or 4 everything went downhill! I started getting really bad cramp/pains in my neck and upper shoulders! It started coming alot more, it hurt since the operation, but it started coming every time I moved my body! It hurt alot, especially once the drugs were wearing off.
They had me on morphine and I could press the button every 8 min to give me more. which was sooooooo freaking annoying because I would try to press it so often, I was in alot of pain, and it wouldn't tell me when 8 min was up, so sometimes I'd be late but I really needed that medicine asap!
I was starting to hurt ALOT so I asked for more medicine and they didn't give me any...ugh it was starting to get really bad! And my cramps in my neck were getting worse, I read about them, that about 50 percent of people get air trapped in thier body from surgery...so I wasn't worried! I was just in pain!
I started breathing really fast, and my heart rate went up....my nurse would tell me to slow my breathing, and I tried but I couldn't....it hurt so bad!
Alot of this is a blur, but people started telling me how pale I was, and I felt so tired and in pain! But I couldn't relax because of the stupid air bubbles!
By this time I regretted the C-section.....I never had this much pain when I had Jack. They gave me oral medicine pretty fast I think, and I just never hurt that bad. I never hurt that bad in my life i think!!! It was so horrible I can't even explain...
I started going in and out of consiousness....I would wake up to nurses and other doctors asking me questions...for some reason I couldn't really understand why they were asking me so much, it was really annoying I just wanted to rest!!! I woke up to everyone looking at me worriedly. My neck cramps wouldn't stop!!!!!!! My eyes wouldn't focus, it was hard to keep them focused on one person, it was hard to keep them open. There was a beeping going on that meant my heart rate was too high...I was told my blood pressure was too low! My mom had tears in her eyes....which made me so sad. I felt so bad for being such a wuss! I tried harder then ever to breath deep and relax!
They took my blood sometime, I didn't even think about why, they are doctors and I've had to give blood a million times! They gave me a few IV bags. Just normal doctor procedure to me! Everytime someone asked how I was I said fine...really I was fine, I knew the pain would end eventually! I'm a strong girl...I had no idea what else was going on....
I woke up to Caleb gone, I didn't know where he was, but my mom said he left because he was worried about me, and all the doctors and nurses in there were scaring him....I wasn't mad, I understood.
I found out later that I lost alot of blood during surgery...my blood count was very low! Down to 23 or 24, I dont know what that means!!! But they gave me two leters of blood, later they gave me another two! I guess I hemmoraged during surgery, without them knowing! And they didn't figure it out for forever, because they never have to deal with that in labor and delivery! Thankfully my future mother in law Mary was there and knew what was going on convinced my nurse to get my blood count tested! Now I knew why everyone was so worried and kept asking me so many questions!
The next day was a million times better. In the morning they took my cathetor out. When I peed it was easy and didn't hurt (with Jack it was so hard and hurt so bad, that was the worst part of Jack's c-section!) I got up and started walking around. It's funny because you can't straighten up all the way after a c-section, so I walked like a really old person :)
Here are some pictures of MJ's first day or two! I didn't upload ALL the pictures but hopefully these will do!
Grandma Mary loves her!
Birthday buddies!!!! (did I mention July 2 is my dad's birthday too! :)
her little feet (she actually has really long feet and long skinny toes that she spreads and flexes alot)
Caleb's first diaper change!!!!!!!
success!!!! :)
Those are all from the first day, these are from the second day:
MJ's first outfit! made my aunt candice, our good friend that lives in Boise!
Pretty baby!
Proud grandmas!!! <3
Proud mama!
She loves her hands up by her face! she'll chew on them and just touch her face with them :)
We got to go home the next day, on the 4th of July! So we were in the hospital for 2 full days and 4 or 5 hours!!! Alot less time then with Jack!!! Also healing is going so much better! I feel great! MJ is 3 days old today (well yesterday since I wrote this after midnight!) My tummy feels bruised and sore, but other then that I feel great! I went on a longish walk today :) My feet are swollen but I dont hurt !!! With Jack, moving around for a few weeks was so hard! sitting up outa bed would feel like my incision was ripping open! I don't have any of that pain this time! yay :)
No comments:
Post a Comment