September 12, 2011

tablerock

My dad was just trying to talk me into running a 5k (or 10k) race with him.  He was telling me how much fun races are.......
My mom said under her breath, "Your dad has a warped opinion on what's fun."
I love my parents.  I'm thinking I should do the "race" but not to race, just for fun and stuff! ha.
(I'm not a natural runner....it will be really really hard for me!...but I want to challenge myself!)

speaking of "fun":















My awesome Daddy and me hiked Tablerock last friday! It was my first time ever, and I'm so glad I survived! We left at 5 in the morning, drove 2 hours to get there......started hiking at 7. Tried to beat the sun up the mountain (and we succeeded :)  Up the face was so hard, made me breath hard, sweat hard...and my calfs are still way sore from that climb!!! (except they feel alot better today then they did...because my amazing boyfriend massaged them forever last night :) thanks babe! ha.
Anyways, once we were up, we walked across the tree line, and those pictures of sensi is her running right on the edge of a huge cliff! She was so happy and excited! crazy girl!
Then we walked along the top of the mountain, up to tablerock! It got really really steep in the end, and it was so windy and cold! There was no other hikers on the mountain! (my dad says he's never seen it that empty, ever)
Well we made it to the top and we thought the wind was going to blow us off the mountain! so we hurried and took some pictures then hiked down.
On the way off of TableRock, sensi wouldn't jump down a 4 foot drop that the rest of us went down! We kept walking thinking she'd come, but she just sat up there and whined (she hardly ever whines!) It was cute, but sad. She ran back and forth and finally found a way down. ha
The way back, we hiked down the other way....huckleberry trail...or something.....it was BEAUTIFUL! seriously, wild flowers in bloom everywhere! Beautiful streams, and waterfalls! and butterflies! and a family of rock chucks! And it was much easier going down the mountain, but much longer! (we didn't want to go down the face, it was way too steep!) By the end my legs and feet were killing me!
But I survived! and I'm glad I did it.


I love my daddy <3

No comments:

Post a Comment