Here is the baby update:
Family time:
This month MJ spent some time with her Grandma Mary, Grandma Suzanne, and Grandpa Allen! She loves them, and they love her! Caleb and I were lucky enough to get out and go on some dates while they watched her.
MJ met her great grandparents Rohdes in Utah. I forgot my camera, but the baby was smiling so much for her grandma, and I know she got a ton of good pictures! They love her so much! :)
MJ met her great grandma and great great grandma (who is 92) from Montana, and we got a 5 generation pic! I don't have a copy of that to show you too! but I do have one for my wall! :)
MJ also met her auntie Can!
Growth:
It is sad that my baby is growing out of more and more of her clothes. By the second week this month, she was out of all her newborn clothes. But it's exciting that she is fitting into more and more of her 0-3 month clothes! She has SO many cute 0-3 size clothes! :) Way more then she needs, and alot of them are getting tight on her already..
Her 0-3 month night onsies, the long sleeve ones with feet, are almost too small. She can't stretch her feet out all the way in alot of them....she is very tall!
I don't thank we will be able to use all our 1 sized diapers! We got a huge box of like 100 diapers, plus a diaper cake, and a few packages of 1 diapers! And 1 is feeling tighter then when we first started using them!
Her hair has grown I think...and it is hard to tame! although I don't try very hard, I think it's so cute how it sticks up! Sometimes it has a 'Jimmy Nuetron' curl in the front, so cute... I also think it's getting a little lighter. When she was born it looked so black, but now it looks dark brown.
MJ is way more aware of things, like people and animals next to her. the Mobile on her swing, everything! She doesn't understand how to reach out and grab things yet, but she will accidently hit her hanging gorilla sometimes, and it will jingle, and her eyes will get big.
She knows exactly where her mouth is, and puts her fists in and by her mouth alot. She holds her binkie in alot, and sometimes when she's mad, she will pull it out of her mouth... she can't grab it yet, but she is learning for sure :)
She will turn her head toward sounds....especially her parents voices :) and She will follow movement with her eyes.
She holds her head up alot more now, and can hold it pretty steady!! When I put her on my chest face down, she used to be so cuddly, but now she only is if she wants to be, if not she will push herself away and hold up her head to look around! ha
During tummy time, sometimes she works to hard and kicks alot, and holds her head up for long periods of time....I think she is going to roll over anytime! She kicks and moves her legs so much during tummy time, But she is still having troubles being able to hold her chest up!
MJ LOVES to smile and coo! She is definatly expanding her vocabulary. Her first cooing sounds were "gah" and "gggg" sounds, and then "aaw" sounds. But the past week or so, I've heard some other cute noises! and she is starting to say more then one sylable at once..like"uhh oh"! when I heard her say that I was so proud of my baby's vocabulary! ha
When MJ gets in a smiley happy mode, sometimes she'll just keep her mouth open really wide, it's like she's smiling really big, but it's not really smile shaped. but if you look at her, talk to her, or imitate her she will do it bigger and I will see amusment in her eyes! :) It is the cutest thing :)
She loves to look at faces and is starting to imitate faces more and more. If I smile at her, she will smile back. If I stick my tongue out she will stick her tongue out. When I start to talk to her, her mouth will open a little, or she will make a wierd facial expression like she is trying to do what I do. I have a feeling she will be one of those babies who you really have to watch what you say around, because she will repeat everything we say!!!
Sleep:
She has been our little good sleeper!! But this took some time, and we are still working at it!
At night, at the first of the month she slept 2-3 hours then woke up to eat. There was no real set schedule. Toward the middle of the month she started getting on a schedule, and she's still basically on the same schedule! She went to bed around 10-11, wakes up at exactly 3 (sometimes I can sooth her back to sleep for awhile longer) Then she wakes up around 6-7! not too bad for a not even 1 and a half month old! And toward the end of the month she is sleeping even longer! I can usually expect a 5 hour stretch, and then a 3-4 hour stretch of good sleep.
The day is another story, and it's been taking alot more work....At night she'll just fall asleep, without a swaddle, without being soothed too much.. During the day she fights sleep alot more.
we are trying to get on more of a nap routine. We swaddle her up (because or else her arms and legs will move out of control and won't let her sleep) then we'll either cuddle and rock her to sleep for a little while, or just put her down in her crib awake (if she seems like she's ready to sleep, and fairly relaxed) we put a binkie in her mouth and tell her it's time to sleep, and if she seems restless we'll pat her a little until she calms down, and we turn on her seahorse and leave the room.....we have a good baby monitor so we can watch her from downstais...she is usually ok for a little bit, then she starts freaking out. We'll let this go on for awhile, then we'll go back upstairs and put her binkie back in her mouth and pat her a little so she'll calm down, and tell her to go to sleep. It usually takes awhile, but once she's really passed out she will nap for hours somtimes!! obviously we are still working on naps, but I think it'll help her to have some sort of nap routine so she will learn how to nap, because she fights sleep so much during the day and gets so overly tired and will just cry and cry ! .....Overall since we've been working on naps She is falling asleep for longer periods of time, and getting to sleep faster! We've had some really good days, and some bad days! but more good days then bad!
She also Sleeps pretty good in the car or on a walk/jog... she LOVES walks in the carseat! She gets all excited when I put her in her carseat in the evening! & It Will calm her down, if not put her to sleep....
She has been napping in her swing, vibrating chair/rocker, her bassinett, she will fall asleep pretty much anywhere if she lets herself :) she just needs a little comforting sometimes! But she is learning how to comfort herself more. It's cute, she will be fussing one second, and I'll just watch until she screams, but more and more she will stop fussing and watch her mirror mobile and coo to herself, or suck on her hands....she is so good natured, I am lucky!
Random:
I can tell MJ will have alot to say. She has alot to say already, she smiles alot, especially in the morning. she babbles, and grunts and whines. She smiles and coos when she's happy! She screams when she's mad! she has some cute little screams, cries and whines...and some are not so cute :/
I wrote this one day about my overly tired baby: sometimes I sware my baby hates me, nothing I do makes her happy sometimes she screams and screams and screams and screams. I know she's tired but she won't fall asleep. She's screaming like someone is stabbing her :( makes me so sad. I'm hoping the nap routine will help!
MJ likes noises, sucking, and being cuddled...but I think her favorite "soothing thing" is movement! Which is sometimes hard for me, if she is really fussy and just wants to be bouncing in my arms! Thankfully she loves stroller rides! and thankfully usually she enjoys her alone time on her back or belly for awhile each day! But even when she is chilling by herself, she LOVES to kick and hold her head up, and move! I better watch out for this future crawler!
We got MJ her first halloween costume. It is size 3-6 months (she will be almost 4 months on Halloween) And it looks pretty huge! I am very excited for her to wear it, she will be such a cute little..............JK I'm not telling you what it is, you'll have to wait and see :)
MJ is really starting to love being read to! I read to her a few times a week....I would everyday if I remembered. ha I usually do it when she's tired but won't sleep, and isn't super wiggly or fussy, but just wants to be held. I think her favorite book so far is The Very Hungry Caterpillar. She smiled at the end when he turned into a butterfly! :D
She makes so many cute faces :)
With Claudi at the lancaster cabin!
Playing with Greg!
MJ started daycare on the 28th of August! She was sleeping as I got ready for school, I packed the car up, then came in and woke her up and changed her diaper and clothes, and even though she hadn't ate for 3 hours (and I didn't feed her before I left) she was so joyful and talkative. She didn't cry in the car at all, and at the daycare she just looked around curiously! She started fussing for food before I left, but I was SO proud of her for being so brave! :D ..... I didn't cry (and didn't think I was going to cry) until I dropped her off and got back in my car! AW thankfully I am only going to school part-time, and she will only be going to daycare twice a week! I was worried they wouldn't be able to get her to nap at daycare because when I went back to get her the first day she was so tired, but was fighting it until I put her in her carseat! But her second day of daycare, she took a 2 hour nap! :)
1st day of school outfit!
She loves my kisses, ha
Cute outfit Caleb put her in :)
She loves her dad!
Ruffle butt!
She almost can put her binkie in her mouth!
She fell asleep in the swing all cute like, so I had to take a picture!
When I realized we were both wearing red, I had to take more pictures!
2nd day of daycare outfit! she got so many compliments on it!
At the end of the month we took a camping trip with my parents in Island Park! MJ's first official camping trip! I was worried she'd get cold at night, but she was fine! She loved being outside and looking around! We went to a dinner/play at Mack's Inn and we sat right in the back by the speaker, MJ was curious and stared at the speaker the whole time wondering who was singing so loud. I think she had a good time ! :)
Sorry there was so many pictures! :) I couldn't resist......
I took so many pictures of Maryjane and her dad, because they are just so cute together! She loves him! especially when he talks to her!
My Recovery:
Well I felt WAY better then last month, At the 6 week mark, I started jogging, walking farther, biking and doing more yoga. I still listen to my body when I workout and if my incision hurts I stop....which is why I couldn't work out the last week and a half of august because some girl fell straight into my belly at the 311 concert, and it was very sore for a long time, well it felt like a long time. But once school started, I started doing beginning yoga, and walking every evening :) I did the bike at the gym, and lifted some weights........so I guess I've been slowly but surely exercising more! :) yay, soon I will jog again!
Well, month one was good with my baby girl, but the second month was by far my favorite month so far :) We'll see if month 3 is even better! I love my little girl so much, I love getting to know her personality, and I really can't imagine life without her!
See ya next month!
No comments:
Post a Comment