August 15, 2011

Joy and Sorrow

Well, August has been my favorite month this summer! 

First off, my beautiful mom and me went to Seattle to babysit Jack while Rich and Brig went to defcon.  It was really fun, I only had to change the baby's diaper once, the one time my mom left me alone with him. ha, I can count the number of times I've ever changed my baby boy's diaper on one hand! But really, he's not MY baby boy, so that's one of the good things about giving him away....plus, I never really had to get up with him at night or in the morning. Not that he's bad about sleeping through the night, for the most part.  I told my mom I'd help with it, but she seemed happy to do all the "bad" stuff. 
We got to feed Jack lots of "solid" foods. He hates peas! and loves any fruit! He also loves to crawl around and stand up on stuff! He found the potted plant...and threw the dirt on the carpet, and ate some too. He loved playing with the dog bowls and crawling up on the dogs, who would growl at him. I took lots of videos I'll have to post later....He loves watching videos of himself! He'll point at himself. :) He loves making noises and loved walking around the dog park! which I loved too!!! I can't believe how much he has grown and learned in the two weeks since I last saw him!!!
Seattle was gorgeous and sunny! I went swimming in my brother's appartment's pool! For the most part I had the pool all to myself! Swimming is such a good workout! It made me really want a pool of my own! In fact, I worked out/walked alot while in Seattle!  I got lost in the microsoft area for an hour or two, but finally found my way home. And I'm proud to say I've finally lost all my baby weight!!! All 45 pounds of it! GO ME!





My mom and I ended up flying back to saltlake with Jack, and Jack and Rich came with us camping up past salmon! It was Jack's first camping trip! My boy Caleb came too, and alot of family.  I'm so glad Rich and Jack could come because having them there made me alot happier :) Rich is so fun to talk to and hangout with, I wish he lived closer...grrr... Jack had fun, but he had a hard time sleeping in the strange crib, with the strange noises, and it was pretty cold!  He got really tired and grumpy, but was still sooo very cute and sweet!  I'm glad he survived his first camping trip!!
All of us (except Jack) went whitewater rafting on the salmon river everyday!  Only a handful of people fell in, and I was one of them! That was the first time I've ever fallen in whitewater rafting, and it was pretty scary!  I came up under the boat, and my mind was racing on what I was supposed to do next.  I don't know if I did anything special to find my way up, but I finally reached the surface and Caleb was right there to grab me and ask if I was ok. I was, but I must of breathed water because I was coughing!  It was worth it though! white water rafting is so much fun! Especially with my family!









Well, today Jack is 9 months old. I won't see him again until he's over 1 year! It's kinda really sad. It'll be the longest I've gone so far without seeing him! I'm sure he'll change a buttload in the next 3 months! He may even start walking. And saying his first words....I'm soooo glad I'm starting school next week, so it'll distract me!! (hopefully)

No comments:

Post a Comment